Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Dark Urine _ repost pleeeeez read and see the dr t

If you have a technical question about how to use the Forum or a website suggestion, please post it here! Our Forum's policy lives here, too.

Dark Urine _ repost pleeeeez read and see the dr t

Postby lors63 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 00:14 am

by lors63 (23 Posts), Tue Apr 18, 2006 00:14 am

I dont know if it is covered here. I havent seen it specifically.

I think there should be a MANDANTORY mention of the coca cola pee on handouts that the drs offices give to us .
If I had known about this I would have been saved from my HELLP ( which they never diagnosed me with but I had the rib/liver pain, shoulder pain, 20,000 platlets and two bags given to me, IN ICU for 2 days and didnt see my son till after then, on a respirator for almost an hour to "bring me to(back)".... I was lucky. Our baby was lucky.
This protein in the urine I think is a BIG thing. Granted maybe it didnt happen till it was "almost too late" but had I know I would have been at the hospital 4 or 5 days sooner and maybe not have had to have an ER C Section or be away from my baby and be in ICU without him. He was fine.

IF ANYONE READS THIS THAT HAS URINE THAT LOOKS LIKE COCA COLA(Dark)
PLEASE GO TO THE DR OR ER ROOM IMMEDIATELY......

I hope I can save someone and their baby the anguish and perhaps their lives.

God Bless,
Lorraine
lors63

Re : Dark Urine _ repost pleeeeez read and see the dr t

Postby ileana » Tue Apr 18, 2006 06:57 am

by ileana (1010 Posts), Tue Apr 18, 2006 06:57 am

Hi Lorraine,

Thanks for reeminding us of this important symptom. We have this mentioned on our signs and symptoms page

"Dark yellow urine is usually the result of inadequate fluid intake and dehydration. However, urine that is quite dark, reddish or the color of cola may indicate a problem. If you have any of these symptoms, inform your care provider."

What are the handouts you are talking about? Is it the preeclampsia brochure (about hypertension in pregnancy) or some other documentation that your doctor gave you?

I hope you are feeling better now. I'm so glad your baby is ok.

Thank you!
ileana

Postby jillmushet » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:00 am

by jillmushet (860 Posts), Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:00 am

Dear Lorraine: Thank you for your passionate appeal. I too was lucky. After reporting dark urine to a nurse practitioner, she told me to eat more protein. She was incompetent. I was lucky to make it past her foolish advice. I agree that all pregnant women should be taught to look for dark urine and seek help immediately if it occurs.
jillmushet

Postby lors63 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 02:33 pm

by lors63 (23 Posts), Tue Apr 18, 2006 02:33 pm

Yes I am talking about the handouts at the dr, I have had three different ones (Two in Fl and one in Texas) and none mention anything about it! I also would like to see it added to the Pre Ecl brochure since I am handing those out too :)

Lorraine
lors63

Return to Ask an Administrator