Email issues

If you have a technical question about how to use the Forum or a website suggestion, please post it here! Our Forum's policy lives here, too.

Email issues

Postby kdreher » Sun Nov 05, 2006 07:36 pm

I was wondering if there was a problem with the Outlook PF email. I went to log in today to work on WAT stuff and ALL of the emails I had in my inbox (around 65+) are gone!!! It's almost as if my entire Outlook for the PF was wiped clean?! A bit frustrating since I was using those as reference, etc - any ideas?
kdreher

Re : Email issues

Postby julie f » Sun Nov 05, 2006 07:41 pm

Kris,

I just checked mine and it's fine, I'll forward this link to Ileana.
julie f

Postby laura » Sun Nov 05, 2006 09:27 pm

I think IT has it set so that when we check our emails, it downloads from their server to our individual machines.

I think the expectation is that we'll set up our PF emails in an outlook or outlook express account, and they may have it set to automatically clear out after a certain amount of time to free up space on their server. The best way to make sure that you don't lose emails is to have it download to one of your computers.
laura

Postby kdreher » Mon Nov 06, 2006 06:29 am

I wish I had known this...however..I've had this address for over a year with no problems. A bit frustrating for sure as I had a lot of WAT information and contacts emails. I'm not sure how to "download" the emails to my computer?
kdreher

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Nov 06, 2006 07:45 am

I just went into the Colorado email and cleared out emails in there only because we do not have a CO GC right now and the emails have been sitting there since the email was created. I have not been into any other emails other than to check on the newly created ones (within the last couple weeks).

You can set up the MS Outlook on your computer to receive the emails for you and it will wipe the server clean after it uploads the emails to your computer through using your computer's outlook program.
timelessbeauty

Postby berr08 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 08:36 am

quote:
Originally posted by kstevens

I was wondering if there was a problem with the Outlook PF email. I went to log in today to work on WAT stuff and ALL of the emails I had in my inbox (around 65+) are gone!!! It's almost as if my entire Outlook for the PF was wiped clean?! A bit frustrating since I was using those as reference, etc - any ideas?

Hello, I am the web master for the preeclampsia website. I just checked the system and it shows that you have a total of 167 emails in your mailbox and you have approx. 8.5 megabytes of deleted emails in your deleted emails folder. That's as much information as I can give you as I cannot actually see your emails, only the numbers of emails you have. I suggest looking in the deleted items folder, asap, for these emails. Look fast, because any emails in these folders don't stick around for too long...

If you have any questions, email me at [url="mailto:WebMaster@preeclampsia.org"]WebMaster@preeclampsia.org[/url]
berr08

Return to Ask an Administrator