Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Forum tech suggestion

If you have a technical question about how to use the Forum or a website suggestion, please post it here! Our Forum's policy lives here, too.

Forum tech suggestion

Postby chadandsandra » Thu Jan 29, 2009 08:41 am

by chadandsandra (5 Posts), Thu Jan 29, 2009 08:41 am

Hi guys:

I have been on a few forums on other subjects over the years and one thing that I do like seeing....and leading to my suggestion for this forum is to have it so that once you have read a post, and then go back out to the main page, that posts icon "DIMS" to let you know that you have already read that post.

Another idea that might keep the page clean, although not sure if its already done, is to have a separate page for all older posts that have been sitting around. An archive if you will.

Just a few suggestions,

Chad Kendall
chadandsandra

Re : Forum tech suggestion

Postby kara » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 am

by kara (6614 Posts), Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 am

Chad,
If you log out and then log back in and click on "Active topics" at the top right-hand corner of any page in the forums you'll get only posts that you haven't seen since your last logon.

Hope that helps!
kara
Forum Moderator

Re : Forum tech suggestion

Postby laura » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:00 am

by laura (5139 Posts), Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:00 am

Hi Chad- thanks for the suggestions! They're certainly good ones. I think we've outgrown our forum software, so to speak because we've modified it as much as we can to meet our needs and it still is a bit messy. It is just a reminder to me to look for some more upgrades to suggest to our tech.
laura

Return to Ask an Administrator