Post Reply FAQ Members Login

How do I find my post?

If you have a technical question about how to use the Forum or a website suggestion, please post it here! Our Forum's policy lives here, too.

How do I find my post?

Postby smartin » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:14 am

I'm new here and I posted a question under ask the experts. When you scroll down the forums list it shows my post as the last post - posted on sept 4/04 but when i enter the forum my post is not there so i'm not sure wether my question has been answered?

Can anyone help me?

Sandra
smartin

Re : How do I find my post?

Postby mada » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:49 am

Hi sandra,
Your post is probably in the "holding" area for the ask the experts. That way it won't be missed:)

Mada Harpster-moderator for pregnant again

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby annegarrett » Sun Sep 05, 2004 04:44 pm

Ask the Expert questions are now posted to a holding area while waiting for an answer from the expert. We will include that information in the Ask the Expert area so people realize that the question didn't disappear into a black hole.

Thanks for pointing that out!!

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby denise » Sun Sep 05, 2004 07:20 pm

THanks for the heads up Anne and Mada. I do think it would be beneficial to let people know how it works now, so they don't think something happened to their post! It's a great idea to have a holding area to make sure a question gets answered![:D]

-------
Co-coordinator for WI
Denise (28)
Jason (32)
Ariana (16 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
TTC #2 starting in October!
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm
denise

Postby laura » Sun Sep 05, 2004 07:22 pm

Hi Sandra,
After I saw your question posted yesterday, I sent you a confirmation email to let you know that we received it. Did you receive that email? If your question is answered and posted, we will send you another email to let you know, so it is important that your email is current.

Actually, at the same time I revamped the format, I edited the first sticky in the Experts section to say "Please Read Prior to Posting" and added the news about the updated format. I'm not quite sure how to make it more prominent, does anyone have any suggestions?

Laura
Administrator/AK Area Coordinator

Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 ~ Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

Postby smartin » Tue Sep 07, 2004 07:11 am

Thanks very much for your replies, that makes sense to me now. Laura I didn't receive the confirmation email which is quite strange. I go into my profile and make sure that my email address is correct.

Thanks for your help.

Sandra.

Sandra
smartin

Postby laura » Tue Sep 07, 2004 08:13 am

Hi Sandra, I sent the email through the forum, so it should have gotten through, unless it was caught in your junk mail filter! I think the return address would have probably said "webmaster@preeclampsia.org" and the subject would have said something to the effect of "your topic has been approved"

It just said to contact me with questions, but you shouldn't wait to seek medical treatment, especially since you're at term! How are you feeling, by the way?

Laura
Administrator/AK Area Coordinator

Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 ~ Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

Return to Ask an Administrator