Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Quadrant Pain and spots in vision

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Quadrant Pain and spots in vision

Postby hazel681 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 02:39 pm

by hazel681 (1 Posts), Fri Feb 22, 2013 02:39 pm

Hi everyone,
I have a history of HELLP and Pre-e which was diagnosed really late at 39 weeks in my previous pregnancy (although I believe there were several missed symptoms earlier on).

I am now currently 30 weeks. The past few days I have experienced upper quadrant pain in my left side (feels like my ribs hurt) and some vision "sparkles". Blood pressure is fine, no swelling, no headaches. I went to the doctor last week and urine was fine too. I had blood work done a few weeks ago which showed a decrease in platelets from my baseline, but doctor is not concerned since I have no other symptoms.

So, I am wondering if you can have upper quadrant pain on the left side? and can vision changes be an indication of pre-e without the high blood pressure?

Thanks!
hazel681

Re: Quadrant Pain and spots in vision

Postby tree » Fri Feb 22, 2013 09:31 pm

by tree (819 Posts), Fri Feb 22, 2013 09:31 pm

Hi and Welcome to the forums! It is hard not to get worried about potential PE symptoms after having dealt with it once. Your symptoms seem a bit unusual, but we have lots of women on the forums with unusual presentations of PE. How do you feel? Any headache, nausea, or feeling bad? Can you call your doctor and see what they think? It never hurts to get checked out.
I hope that you are feeling better and that this is nothing to worry about. Take care and let us know how you are doing.
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Re: Quadrant Pain and spots in vision

Postby cindergretta » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:05 pm

by cindergretta (224 Posts), Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Vision sparkles can be part of a normal (healthy) pregnancy. I am also experiencing upper quadrant pain that is so similar to the pain when I had HELLP. My peri thoroughly checked it out and the best we can figure is it is heartburn. Stay on top of each symptom and keep checking with your doctor to ensure nothing changes.
cindergretta

Return to Ask the Experienced