Post Reply FAQ Members Login

LOVENOX question

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

LOVENOX question

Postby rosalinda » Thu Jul 25, 2013 02:47 pm

I went to get my 3rd and final opinion yesterday with a local Peri. I am having my IUD removed next month, and she would like to me to be on lovenox 40mg once a day starting next month, and switch to twice a day once I get pregnancy. Here are my questions:

- how did you avoid the bruising?
- did you have any extra bleeding because of the lovenox? any other issues?

thanks for any help.

- Rosalinda
-Elissa, January 2007: stillborn at 25 weeks, severe PE, IUGR, reverse-end diastolic flow
- Chronic hypertension as of November 2007
-missed miscarriage Feb 2009
- Ismael Jaden, June 2010, 36 wks, oligohydramnios & rising BP's, my wonderful little man & the love of my life
- Janelle, September 2011, 24wks, 3days. complete placental abruption & DIC, stillborn
rosalinda

Re: LOVENOX question

Postby aln0304820 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 04:59 pm

I'm currently pregnant & have to do lovenox injections once per day. I give injections around my belly button (you use the center of your belly button as a clock per se) & I do have some bruising, less than the size of a pea, but it is significantly less than when I used to give injections elsewhere on my belly. I also haven't noticed any other complications either.
aln0304820

Postby angieb » Mon Jul 29, 2013 09:07 pm

I was on it for 2 pregnancies. The bruising was always hit and miss for me, no real way to avoid it that worked consistently. I had no issues with bleeding.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/
angieb

Postby cmccaffrey » Tue Jul 30, 2013 01:44 am

I've been on lovenox/enoxaparin/heparin a few times and really the bruising is inevitable, but like angieb said, it's hit or miss. I learned that if I injected really slow on the love handles I got less bruising. If I was more careless or more in the middle of my belly, it was usually worse because there was not as much fat there to absorb the medication. I never had issues with bleeding(not even postpartum), but I think I was extra careful. I avoided razors and only had waxing done the entire time.

Good luck!
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Return to Ask the Experienced