Chronic gals, is this the 2nd trimester dip?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Chronic gals, is this the 2nd trimester dip?

Postby jedbelv » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:45 am

Just wondering if anyone else has had experience with this....
I am 21 weeks and about 5 weeks ago I was taken off HBP med (12.5mg atenolol before appts) due to blood pressures dipping in the 90's/60's daily. My pre-pregnancy normal is 120/80 with med.
I have been off all HBP meds for a a month now and my blood pressure is still 90's/60's. :shock: I have never had blood pressure this low that I can recall, even during my pre-chronic hypertensive days! Could this be the second trimester dip? Is this blood pressure too low for baby? If it is too low then I do not know what could possibly be done since I am not on any meds. I did read somewhere that if the dip occurs it is a bit more exaggerated in us chronic gals. I have placed a call to my OB and am still waiting to hear back.

Does anyone have experience with this? If so how did you deal with the fatigue? I do not feel dizzy or anything, but upon standing I do feel EXTREMELY tired. Never thought I would be worried about pressures being too low without meds! :roll:
3 wonderful sons ages 13, 10, and 6.

Son #1 and son #2 both born at 40 weeks, both weighed above 8 lbs and both pregnancies were completely problem free.

Suddenly developed chronic hypertension immediately AFTER second son was delivered ( Blood pressure was fine during entire pregnancy, but went up right after delivery. So strange!) and have been on BP meds ever since. I was 24 yrs old at the time.

Son #3 born in 2007 at 37 weeks, 5 lbs 8 oz. Methyldopa started in second trimester.
Baby #4 due Feb. 10 2014. Praying for a healthy pregnancy!
jedbelv

Re: Chronic gals, is this the 2nd trimester dip?

Postby princess purr » Sun Oct 06, 2013 02:17 am

my normal bp is 110/70, but during my second trimester it was always around 90/60 sometimes dipping down to the 90s/50s!! The docs said as long as I didn't feel dizzy it was fine, and if I did feel dizzy to lay on my left side. I'm 30 weeks now and it is back up in the 110s/70s most days. It was 102/66 today which made me really happy. It scared me when it started to go up, but it started to rise a little right as my 2nd trimester was ending. Good luck!!!
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Return to Ask the Experienced