How is your c-section scar?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
tanya

Re : How is your c-section scar?

Postby tanya » Tue Jul 26, 2005 04:12 pm

After having 2 emergency c-sections, my scar was sooooo ugly. My OB had alot of scar tissue to work through as I delivered Jace but now my scar is way better!! He kind of did a little tummy tuck ( of course not enough, in my opinion )[V] but it really looks and feels better. As for the numbness, mine has never really gone away completely...it will get better but it will always have kind of a fuzzy feeling around the area.

crystal.t.

Postby crystal.t. » Sun Jul 24, 2005 01:56 pm

3 years later, mine is still a little red and feels like I have a length of rope down there. I still do not have any feeling on or around the scar. Dr. swears that is normal.

southernsibe

Postby southernsibe » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:24 pm

Well,
I have to say mine was not usual. I devloped a massive infection, and had to go months with wet to dry dressings that were packed into my incision by a home nurse, twice a day. Suffice it to say, it looks awful. That being said, I am going to have another C section in a few weeks, and maybe they can fix it. Although, the Dr did mention that they don't want to do another bikini cut, but rather a classical cut because of the awful healing.
Rachel

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 09:50 pm

On the numbness...I just had started to get feeling back from stephens c-sec when I had to have Kaitlyn...so much for feeling my stomach.

And for the scars...with stephen I had staples and it looked pretty good, was light pink and an almost perfectly straight line. Now 2 months pp with Kaitlyn, my battle scar looks creepy, I had stitches this time and the line is all wiggly and very purple...ugh. oh and in one part, the stiches came apart and you can see where it is alot wider than the rest of the scar. Doesnt matter though, I will NEVER wear anything showing my stomach EVER(unless dh wins the lotto and I can get a tummy tuck). Dont think anyone wants to see all the stretch marks and that terrible loose skin that just wont go away

princess purr

Postby princess purr » Fri Jul 22, 2005 09:29 pm

Yep, I'm still numb too.

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Fri Jul 22, 2005 06:54 pm

Just wanted to reply to the numbness question....

Yes! I'm 10 months postpartum and still have numb areas around my c/s. However, it does seem to be getting better month by month.

cdingmama

Postby cdingmama » Fri Jul 22, 2005 03:13 pm

quote:Originally posted by amillhouse

My scar is just over 1.5 years. But I do still have numbness just above the scar. My doctor told me that it varies with women - for some numbness leaves completely or a little remains, depending on the nerves. Does anyone else still have numbness??

I do. My kids are 4 years 4 months apart and I still had numbness from the 1st c-section when I went in to have my 2nd. Some of it I think never goes away.

amillhouse

Postby amillhouse » Fri Jul 22, 2005 02:37 pm

Hi, Princess:

I have the same cuts you do and my bikini scar is also beautiful. And I agree Anne, it helps me remember what I have been through and remember that I do actually have a child.

My scar is just over 1.5 years. But I do still have numbness just above the scar. My doctor told me that it varies with women - for some numbness leaves completely or a little remains, depending on the nerves. Does anyone else still have numbness??

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Fri Jul 22, 2005 01:13 pm

Mine is a faint pink line, it is very low, and hard to see. I had staples. Just to mimc what someone else said, I love my scar, I call it my Parker scar, my battle scar[:D]! It gently reminds me of what I have been through, that I was strong enough to survive it, and am strong enough to do it again(I hope).

melissam

Postby melissam » Fri Jul 22, 2005 06:04 am

Yeah okay, mine is totally noticable. I have Keloid skin, which means I get lots and lots of scar tissue. So it is red and bumpy. Ah, the things we go through for our children. Gotta love em eh?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”