Worrying too soon?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
denise

Re : Worrying too soon?

Postby denise » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:56 pm

When you start using hte OPK's, it depends on how long your cycle is. The 14 day thing is based on a 28 day cycle. Most of the kits come with a pamphlet that explains how and when to use them. Definately check out some of the fertility sites too. (I think Norlisa has some posted on the TTC forum)

I know most docs won't probably do anything until you've been trying for a year, but you can check in with your doc for what he/she does. It's frustrating when it takes longer to get pg the second time, especially after the first child is conceived right away. We are just entering month 12 of TTC, and we got pg with Ariana the first month. I've been using OPK's and started charting my temp recently too.

Best of luck to you in your TTC journey.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sun Jul 24, 2005 08:05 pm

The kits that I gottold me when to start using it. I can't remember exactly because this was back in Sept/Oct of last year, but they have good instructions. Just be patient with it. I was very impatient and would think something was wrong with it when all of a sudden I would do the pee thing and it made the indication that I was ovulating. So I could go in the morning and nothing and then I may try that night and bam we were ready to go. Ok tmi there. If you havn't tried a kit yet, definitely get one. I can't remeber the one that I used but there are several brands out there and I am sure that they work the same. Good luck!

crystal.t.

Postby crystal.t. » Sun Jul 24, 2005 06:16 pm

Well, I have done the reading as to the right time to conceive, but I haven't gotten the ovualation kit yet. When are you suppose to use those? Right after your period stops or about day 14 since the start? Getting pregnant by accident was so much easier.

faith

Postby faith » Sun Jul 24, 2005 06:11 pm

It wouldn't hurt to put a call into your doctor. Also, if you haven't done so already, charting is a good idea. "Taking charge of your fertility" is a good book. Good luck!

sweetiesuzy

Postby sweetiesuzy » Sun Jul 24, 2005 04:40 pm

I agree with everyone else. Usually they wait about a year before trying other things. Putting in a call can never hurt! I wish you all the best.

Hugs,
Suz

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sun Jul 24, 2005 04:08 pm

I went and read when the right time was in the cycle to conceive and also used an ovulation predictor kit. If you have tried that, then I would definitely put in a call to your OB.

mada

Postby mada » Sun Jul 24, 2005 02:58 pm

The website Val gave you is a good one...also ovulation predictor kits are good...I do not know what you have been doing however..if you have exhausted these things, it might be good to call the OB. Goodluck!!

princess purr

Postby princess purr » Sun Jul 24, 2005 02:49 pm

Have you tried charting? It is a great way to see what your body is up to. This is the site I use http://www.fertilityfriend.com

crystal.t.

Worrying too soon?

Postby crystal.t. » Sun Jul 24, 2005 01:54 pm

We have been ttc for almost 9 months with no success. I haven't been on the pill for over 4 years. I was wondering if I should put a call into my doctor so we can begin checking for fertility issues or is it still to soon to enven think about that. We have a 3 year old that we had no trouble conceiving. What do you think? Thanks- Crystal

Return to “Ask the Experienced”