Just wanted to Thank you all....

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
onfaith

Just wanted to Thank you all....

Postby onfaith » Fri Sep 23, 2005 05:18 pm

Back in April and May I found your site and submitted a few questions regarding my health with my second pregnancy.....I had severe PE with my first daughter 7 years earlier and was dealing with PE again with my second....I had not known anything about HELLP and had what was supposed to be the best "high risk" care in our area....I had some problems with one of the MD's and my PE progressed rapidly. Shortly before entering the hospital for good our computer died and I was unable to stay "in touch" with your site.....however, the little knowledge and encouragment that I gained from the site educated me greatly. I was admitted at 29 weeks and delivered my daugther via emergency c-section on Memorial day at 30 weeks due to a placental abruption which occured within one day of being diagnosed with HELLP. She was resuscitated at birth and after heart surgery and a few complications came home in July.
Several doctors in my practice didn't seem to know what to do with me, and were as stumpted as I was...one was even going to put me on a new iron treatment - which would have had further negative effects on my liver, until I asked another Doctor about it.....I felt like there was a significant lack of communication with many of them and if it weren't for the two doctors I stuck with in the end I don't know what I would have done. I often think...if the doctors I had on the front end had taken me seriously and put me on BP Meds in the beginning some of this could have been avoided.......I realized how naive we can be relying on the medical community at times and want to stress to anyone how important it is to trust your instincts and PUSH......the risk of staying quiet is so severe. Now that our computer is finally back up, what I am trying to say, is thank you to you all.....the website is truly a lifesaver....if I had not educated myself - I would not have gone to the hospital that weekend and without a doubt my daugther, Sophia Grace would not be here!!!!! I thank God every day for what you do....you have made a difference and with me alone, have accomplished the goal set forth in this foundation!!!! Not to mention the many other lives saved from this........I can not THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!!

Betsy

Bella, 35 weeks - severe PE
Sophie, 30 weeks - Severe PE and HELLP

Return to “Ask the Experienced”