Shooting stomach pains

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
j betts

Re : Shooting stomach pains

Postby j betts » Mon Jun 29, 637367 8:50 am

Lucy,

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Alex,

Hope your test turns out OK!

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Mon Jun 29, 637367 8:45 am

You both are in my thoughts

lizzybeth

Postby lizzybeth » Mon Jun 29, 637367 5:38 am

Lucy,

yep, you need to see the doc! I'm sorry you are not feeling well [:(]

Alex, good luck on the test!

lizzybeth

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Sun Jun 28, 637367 12:40 pm

Go to the docs Lucy, ya hear me. Get in, I was gonna say the same thing as Alex, sounds like gallbladder pain to me and that hurts! Please get checked out and let us know. Thinking of you adn Alex too. Ladies, you need to get better, do you hear me?? do you?? LOL

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Sun Jun 28, 637367 12:39 pm

Lucy I had the stomach flu recently and it is much like what your describing. I actually thought I was having a gallbladder attack. but thankfully it was the flu. I hope you feel better soon.

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Sun Jun 28, 637367 10:28 am

Hope you get to feeling better Lucy.

And Alex too! :)

lucy

Postby lucy » Sun Jun 28, 637367 2:03 am

I am with you in that I hope they find something minor so they can fix it I hope your EGD is able to produce some answers.
I know no one likes seeing gyns but you may need to. Please keep me updated I will be thinking about you and hoping you feel better soon. Hugs.

alexp

Postby alexp » Sun Jun 28, 637367 1:25 am

Everything has been normal so far. That's really good...but a little frustrating - I want them to find something very minor and fixable wrong so they can fix it, LOL. The last thing I had was a CT scan - it showed nothing wrong but I did have several small cysts in my ovaries. I asked my doc if that could be causing my swelling but she said it couldn't. Hmmmm. I also asked if I might be developing something like PCOS which might cause abdominal weight gain and she said she'd never heard of it doing that. I think it might be time to go see a gyn, heh!

I am having an EGD on Friday with a GI doc - hopefully he'll be able to figure something out.

lucy

Postby lucy » Sat Jun 27, 637367 11:43 pm

Thanks for the reply Alex, I do still have my gallbladder and I had considered that (my dh had his taken out awhile back) but had read that pain normally goes into your back so I wasnt sure, I did start having diarrhea [xx(][B)] but what you are saying def makes sense.

I hope you are better soon too, I know you were getting some tests run how did they come back? Hope they can do something becaus eyou are right the pain is no fun thus the reason I am up too I figured I hurt too bad to sleep anyways I might as well get caught up on posting because the sad thing is dh Sam has been on the forums more than me since I have been sick[:0] which says alot because he doesnt get on too often.

alexp

Postby alexp » Sat Jun 27, 637367 11:15 pm

Do you still have your gallbladder? It kind of sounds like gallbladder attacks to me...and the sore throat could be from increased amounts of stomach acid (which goes along with having a crappy gallbladder). Are you having any nausea or diarrhea?

Do try to get in at the doctor...abdominal pains really suck (I know - that's why I'm up right now at 4:00 am, LOL [B)][xx(])!

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”