What could it be??

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

What could it be??

Postby newmommymar04 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 01:36 pm

Hello Everyone!

Im new here and kind of worried and confused at the same time. I hope someone will be able to help me.

I would like to start off by saying that I am 23 and also 23 weeks pregnant with my first baby ( EDD March 5th 2004 )

At my 9 week doctors appt the nurse mentioned that my blood pressure was a bit high and that she would just need to monitor it. It was 135/85.

I havent heard anything more about my blood pressure until my 23 week appointment today when my blood pressure read exactly 140/90.
The nurse had me lay down on my back for 5 minutes and re checked me. My blood pressure 5 minutes later was 128/78.

My doctor came in and said he wanted me back on Monday to take another blood pressure test and if it is elevated still he wants to do some blood work to rule out any health conditions.

I am very confused yet very worried!!

Since my blood pressure has been over 130 since I started seeing him at 5weeks wouldnt you assume I had elevated normal blood pressure before I was pregnant?

Should I be concerned that my blood pressure is 140/90 and be worried this is harming my baby? I have read online that 140/90 is considered normal so I dont know what my doctors fuss was about?

When I check my blood pressure at home its usually not that high but it has been in the 130's/80's + everytime I go to the doctor.

Does anyone have any advice or imput on preeclampsia. I know NOTHING about it and Im very confused what this means for me?

I dont have any other simptoms as far as swelling but I do have blurry vision sometimes.
I wear contacts and read that the increased blood volume can cause my vision to be a bit blurry.

EDD March 5, 2004

Return to “Ask the Experienced”