34wks, doctor not worried yet?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

34wks, doctor not worried yet?

Postby buffy » Thu Nov 06, 2003 07:46 am

I am 34 wks and have had some pretty bad swelling ever since the 27wk. I have been told to cut out all salt and put up my feet all day, which I have been doing. However, my blood pressure has gone up from 110/70 to 137/85 and I have gained a total of 48lbs so far, 8 of those in the past two weeks! I eat right and don't over do it but I am worried. The doctor said yesterday that I have "trace amounts of this and that" in my urine this time but he acted as if he wasn't worried. I don't go back for another 2 weeks and am worried that when I do go back that they may say that I have pre-e. Shou;d I be? It seems to me from what I have read that the symptoms are there but I'm not sure. Can you give me some more insight to this?[?]
Thank You in advance, Buffy
first time mom, Due Dec. 16

Return to “Ask the Experienced”