Questions to Ask Your Doctor/ Locating a Doctor

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
User avatar
Registered User
Posts: 2525
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 01:58 pm
Location: Lake Stevens, Washington

Re : Questions to Ask Your Doctor/ Locating a Doctor

Postby annegarrett » Thu Dec 14, 2006 01:40 am

Thanks Norlisa!

The NASSHP site no longer lists doctors names and addresses. I am trying to secure their list so that if people are looking for someone that we have the master list. I will let you know when that gets sorted out.

The SMFM is probably now the best place to find a specialist in your area as they do have a physician locator button that is very helpful.

norlisa k
Registered User
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 05:45 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington

Questions to Ask Your Doctor/ Locating a Doctor

Postby norlisa k » Sun Jan 08, 2006 04:38 am

These links were originally provided by our assistant forum administrator, Denise. Thank you Denise, for gathering all of the threads, and thank you to everyone who shared their questions, especially Gossamer, Amanda, Elizabeth, and Catherine. [:)]

This has been useful to many of our members. Hope that everyone finds an excellent doctor who's best for them; one that answers all questions and addresses every concern so you have that precious gift of peace of mind.

It has been suggested by several members of our Medical Board that all women with a history of preeclampsia consult with a high risk pregnancy specialist before initiating another pregnancy and/or during a subsequent pregnancy because the greatest known risk factor for developing preeclampsia is having had it in a prior pregnancy.

You can find perinatologists who specialize specifically in hypertensive pregnancies at


General perinatologists at

Each site has a link to the addresses of their member doctors, and you just have to browse the site to find the doctor nearest you.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests