Jillian:Drive-By Delivery! *long post

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
amillhouse

Re : Jillian:Drive-By Delivery! *long post

Postby amillhouse » Mon Jan 16, 2006 01:09 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:02 am

Congrats on the safe, wlhtough frustrating, arrival of little Jillian. After all that wating and bedresting, then your hospital stay is like a bad dream.

Your stroy encourages some of the decision I made when I had dd. (With ds he was admitted to the NICU, so I had to elt go fo some cotnrol.) My dd was born at 38 weeks, and was healthy. But like all babies she ahd to go for tests etc. I never let her go alone. Either dh or I went with her - even when they wantede to do blood tests at 3 am! Dh gave her her first bath, not a nurse, and we observed all tests. At one point I mentioned that I was tired, so the nurse offered for me to send her at night, so I could sleep, and they would give her a bottle!?! Part of why i was tired was that every tiem she was asleep they wanted to do another test, so I couldn't sleep while she was sleeping. I said no thank you, I want to make sure breastfeeding is well established.

Lizzybeth, enjoy that little baby (and your dh cuddling her.) Please make sure you follow up with yoru docotr for any care that you may still require.

You could also write your experience in a letter and send it to your ob and the hospital adminsitration.

cindergretta

Postby cindergretta » Mon Jan 16, 2006 02:49 am

Congratulations!!!! I viewed the photos your dh posted... my uterus skipped a beat. She is just lovely. Cuddle, cuddle, cuddle...

As for you experience---Holy Cr*p!!! [}:)] What a freaking fiasco!! I am glad you are both safely home. I shared some of the bits of your story with my dh. He was seriously apalled! So sorry for such a rotten time. But woo-hoo on avoiding the section!! Way to go, girl!

Happy Babymoon! [:I]

sandy

Postby sandy » Sun Jan 15, 2006 01:19 am

OH-MY-GOODNESS!!!!

I don't know what else to say, except thank goodness you had your wits about you.

Wow.

I'm glad you're both home now!

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:20 pm

Wow, what an ordeal! Glad that you and Jillian are home! Congratulations on your new baby girl!!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:19 pm

Lizzybeth you should have come to my small town hospital, the thing on the breastfeeding had me thinking back to when I had Sara. My ob gave me a birth plan to fill out, BUT I never got to go over it with him. That's ok he read it. However, They kept asking me if I was going to breastfeed during labor and I said no. I got asked again after delivery by both my ob and the nursery nurse. Ummmmm no. So then the next morning, mil, sil, Kirsten came by to see Sara. In pops in a lactation consultant and she said "Hi my name is XXXX, let's see Sara LATCH on". One I am very modest and I had all these people in the room. I said I think you have the wrong person. She said my name and I said yes. Its says right here you are breastfeeding. UMMMM Nope. I could have DIED! Then she was embarrassed, apologized and walked out of my room. No problems with that later on when I had complications. In fact, I think my ob told them I wasn't when he had to do my emergency d&c and was called by the ER for the uterine infection.... Cause I was NEVER asked that again, not even during pp visits, lol. Anyway funny story and it happens on the other side too. Hope Miss Jillian is letting you sleep.

tafkap

Postby tafkap » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:46 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your birth experience!

I'm so glad Jillian has such a wonderful Mommy. A lesser woman would have given up breastfeeding.

WHY oh WHY are nurses so against breastfeeding? Is it a requirement in order to become an OB or NICU nurse??

I am so glad you were able to have the delivery YOU wanted (and not the c-section).

Welcome back & CONGRATULATIONS on an absolutley beautiful baby girl. Your pictures were amazing. [:D]

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Sat Jan 14, 2006 07:41 pm

What a story....Glad that ya'll are home and happy!!

jkaay

Postby jkaay » Sat Jan 14, 2006 05:45 pm

Your story is astounding. Congratulations on being home and well on the way to being one big -ger happy family.

rachel

Postby rachel » Sat Jan 14, 2006 04:08 pm

Wow - what an experience... glad you and Jilllian got out of there and are now happily at home. Congrats on your new little girl!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”