Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Home after Hospital stay

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Home after Hospital stay

Postby erin2003 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 04:21 am

by erin2003 (40 Posts), Wed Nov 12, 2003 04:21 am

Hi All,

First of all I wnat to thank you all for the support I have recieved since I came to this board not long ago.

Sunday night I awoke with the worst headache I have ever had. I had an appointment at my Peri's office first thing Monday morning. My Peri was away so I had to see his asscoiate. My BP was high 148/94 and urine High Trace. I hadn't gained any weight in almost a month and fundal height is measuring small. They decided to admit me for observation. They did 3 NST's, bw, biophysical exam, and took my BP many times. Good news is baby is measuring perfectly, approx 4lbs 8oz. My BP has contnued to fluctuate which makes it untreatable by medication. I was finally sent home to be on strict bedrest. I have a Home Care Nurse coming daily to check my BP. They also sent home a BP monitor and protein strips.

I see my Peri next week and will have weekly Planning Scores.

I am feeling alittle overwhelmed. Do you think there should be anything else done at this point?

Thanks in advance for your advice and thoughts! They are always appreciated!

Erin

Me 27 DH 28
^|^ Jackson Andrew Jan 21-25, 2003
Born at 27w5d due to Pre-E, HELLP
OMGoodness! It's a Girl! EDD Jan 6/04
C-section scheduled Dec 31/03
www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/polkie
erin2003

Re : Home after Hospital stay

Postby amandab » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:24 am

by amandab (166 Posts), Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:24 am

Erin,

So glad you are being monitored so closely!! And thanks for the update! I had been thinking about you.

One question... When you say that your BP is fluctuating, is it being taken only when you are sitting up? During my first pregnancy, mine seemed to fluctuate, but that was because DH was taking it some of the time when I was laying down. I actually only got good readings laying down. In hindsight, I probably should have been on meds.

And don't hesitate to go to Labor and Delivery if things don't seem right! Keep up the good work!

Amanda
~i~ Aidan Timothy
4/14/03 29 wks
Expecting again!!!
EDD 6/13/04
amandab

Postby mada » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:12 am

by mada (4081 Posts), Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:12 am

I think they are covering everything..I am glad you have a great doc!! SOunds like the baby is doing well so I will keep my fingers crossed for you to carry a little longer[:)] How many weeks are you?

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby sweetiesuzy » Wed Nov 12, 2003 04:40 pm

by sweetiesuzy (2404 Posts), Wed Nov 12, 2003 04:40 pm

Sounds like you are doing everything right! I am glad you are able to have a home halth nurse come see you. My nurse was great cause she could tell if I was more swollen each time she saw me. Plus it gave me something to look forward to while on bedrest. I know how hard the bedrest part is - but it isn't forever. Bug us as much as you need to!

Rest, rest, rest!

Suzanna

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." - Thoreau

DS 3/25/95
DD Stillbirth 10/26/01
DS 12/30/02

sweetiesuzy

Return to Ask the Experienced