Post Reply FAQ Members Login

My first peri appt was a little strange...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re : My first peri appt was a little strange...

Postby julie f » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:52 pm

I'm sorry your appt wasn't all you had hoped. It's so hard because we've all had such traumatic experiences but, for these doctors, we're just one of many... I have to agree with Kara, my peri seems to work better under emergency situations as well. When I was in the hospital and everything was out of control, he was all over it. However when things were "stable" he was really short and to the point. My husband and I decided that his bedside manner left something to be desired but, we are very fortunate and get enough "warm fuzzies" from our regular OB to balance him out [;)].

Can you change to another peri in the group? Her demeanor may be fine for some but, if you're not comfortable with it, it's the last thing you'll need to be worrying about. I don't think you're expecting too much at all, she just might not be the kind of doctor that can give you everything you need.

Julie (26)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe
julie f

Previous

Return to Ask the Experienced