Help Anyone!!!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Help Anyone!!!

Postby newmommymar04 » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:56 am

Hello Everyone.. Sorry it has been a while. I figured that I wouldnt be needing anyones help because I "THOUGHT" my blood pressure was under control.

I am now 26 weeks along YAY!!

I have been taking my bp at home with a digital self pump model 2 times per day. in the last 2 weeks the highest reading I got was 128/80 and even had some as low as 111/50 at rest.

Then today I go to the doctor and to my suprise guess what... my bp soared to 134/90 causeing my doctor to order blood work and another 24 hour urine.

He said he that he will check for any kidney problems and that I will need to come back in 2 weeks. ( I have been seing him every 2 weeks since week 22 ) My blood pressure has not gotten above 140/90 in the last month so thats good.

is my blood pressure so high at the dr's office.

My doctor said that if my diastolic # is in the 90's again at my December 8th visit that I will have to go on bedrest. If that does not work he is going to put me on bp medicine.

He has told me that I have been now diagnosed with..
Pregnancy Induced Hypertension because I was Chronic Hypertension before.

Can someone please tell me what is in store for me here. I am so worried the baby is being harmed.
He told me that I am retaining fluid because I gained 4lbs in 2 weeks.
My belly measurments 2 weeks ago were 23inches
and today they were 25inches ( right on target )

My doctor said that as long as my belly keeps growing at the correct rate that the baby has enough amniotic fluid is this true??

Any suggestions , comments about anything that I have said??

Thanks guys

Return to “Ask the Experienced”