Vaginal Delivery???

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
jessiesmom

Re : Vaginal Delivery???

Postby jessiesmom » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:14 am

I delivered vaginally at 35 weeks due to sever PIH. I had a very quick labour so I do not know if that was why or not, but they did warn me that there was a chance of having c-section. Hope that helps

onfaith

Postby onfaith » Wed Mar 15, 2006 08:28 am

I delivered my first daughter vaginally at 35 weeks with severe PE. My second daughter was emergency c-sec, but because of placental abruption. And Sabrina is right, nurses and docs are so responsive to emergency c's......I was in surgery and my daughter was born within 15 minutes and my doctor wasn't even in the hospital at the time. Sending great thoughts your way for a "normal" delivery!!!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Wed Mar 15, 2006 08:00 am

I delivered both of my girls vaginally. With Kirsten, they were set up to do an emergency csection if they had to (operating room was on the same floor as L&D). I also had a team from the NICU there when she was born and about a million other people (well not a million but you get my drift). With Sara from what I understand, at my hospital you can be put in for an emergency csection immediately if my ob is in hospital. If he isn't in the hospital, then you can be in surgery as little as 20mins if they have to call him in from home. However, he handles all of the high risk pregnancies and scheduled csections anyway. So if are high risk, he would be attending you cutting down the time.

tammy

Postby tammy » Wed Mar 15, 2006 00:05 am

I delivered my son at 34 weeks vaginally. The NICU team was in the room to take Liam as soon as he was born. With that being said I would like you to know everything ended up find with him after a 2 week stay in the nicu.
good luck to you

Tammy

nadinew

Postby nadinew » Sun Mar 12, 2006 03:30 pm

I delivered both of my PE babies vaginally too. :)

lucy

Postby lucy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 05:37 pm

I delievered both my babies vaginally but they were prepared to do a c-section if needed.

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Fri Mar 10, 2006 01:03 pm

Quite the contrary, that's how many women begin their "episode" with PE - labile pressures. Labile pressures are usually indicative of future bp problems. As one moderator usually puts it, "the calm before the storm". Is this always the case? Heck no, but either way, it's one of those things deserving of careful monitoring.

The early phase of hypertension, (pregnant and nonpregnant), is characterized by a very labile phase where BP is not regulated well. The range between highs and lows becomes pronounced. Tom Easterling, MD, Associate Professor of Perinatal Medicine, University of Washington

http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=321

mommyofmany

Postby mommyofmany » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:12 am

[:)]I am glad to hear that its now a given when it comes to a c-section. I am willing to do what ever I need to but, I sure hope not to end my child bearing on a c-sec. note. Thank you all for the encouragement.
Is it uncommon for preeclampsia to start out with labile blood pressures[?]

lyndsey

Postby lyndsey » Fri Mar 10, 2006 09:52 am

I delivered vaginally at 36 wks (on july 4th!) It definitely depends on your health and the baby's--how well you are both tolerating the whole ordeal. I think most doctors try to keep you informed of the possibility of c-section, or in some cases, the necessity, but it isn't an automatic given just because you have preeclampsia. Just make sure you discuss your wishes with your doctor and let him/her tell you how and when they decide c-section is best. Keep in mind that it can be soooo touch and go, they may tell you that you can labor vaginally and 10 minutes later you're being rushed in for an emergency c-section. I personally feel (and here I am giving advice about something I haven't come to terms with myself) that its probably in your best interest to try and be at peace with both possibilities before having to cross that bridge, just in case. Good luck to you!

arj

Postby arj » Fri Mar 10, 2006 09:28 am

I too delivered vaginally. A big factor is how well the baby is doing and if he/she is tolerating labor. Given that this is your 7th, and I'm assuming all of you other deliveries were vaginal, seems like the odds would be more in your favor. Typically subsequent labor and deliveries seems to go quicker, so you may not "stall out" and fail to progress like a first-timer, thus resulting in a C-Section.

Definitely discuss with your doctor his/her plan of action. Depending on your pressures, they may choose an induction a few weeks early to head off any problems, but again, it depends on the severity of your symptoms and the development and well-being of the baby. Good luck!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”