Blurred Vision

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Blurred Vision

Postby hope4two » Wed Dec 03, 2003 08:50 pm

I posted this at bulletin board I go to, For about a week now especially in the evening I get blurred vision, my blood pressure is not high at all, it is always low, I have had headaches and have gained 6 lbs in 4 weeks where I wasnt gaining much at all. Didnt think much of it. My last ob appt. I did have protein in my urine and was dehydrated a bit so that is what we wrote the protein off in my urine too. Even though my blood pressure is low and not bad does that mean I could be getting preeclampsia or could there be another cause for the blurred vision.

Thanks,[:)]
Selina
hope4two

Re : Blurred Vision

Postby annegarrett » Thu Dec 04, 2003 05:48 am

Do you have puffy eyes? Or a puffy face? Be sure to call your doctor and tell them about the blurred vision. We aren't doctors but it is an important sign that your doctor should hear you specifically say. Proteinuria is not normal--and should be followed up. Trace can be a sign of some minor bladder infection but still should be double-checked. You say your blood pressure is not high--but is it higher? Do you know what it is normally? and what it is now?

A rise in the bottom number of 15 is considered significant and should be pointed out to your doctor. A rise in the top number of 30 is also considered significant. If you are usually 90/60 and are now 120/75--that is "high" for you. Some doctors need to be reminded of this fact.

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Return to Ask the Experienced