Swelling not a symptom for diagnosis anymore

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
catherine
Forum Moderator

Re : Swelling not a symptom for diagnosis anymore

Postby catherine » Thu Dec 04, 2003 07:55 pm

Technically that's correct, you can swell just because you're pregnant,as if the belly and breasts weren't enough! However, you can swell as part of the whole preeclampsia syndrome. I know that I did, I left the hospital heavier than I was going in, quite an achievement if you consider that I'd had a baby! So much for the instant 12 lb weight loss[:D]. I was so big that when I went to the renal clinic for follow up in the days after my discharge, the nurses and the receptionist didn't realise that I'd actually had the baby!!!! If you have been diagnosed with preeclampsia and you are watching out for worsening symptoms then I think suddenly more severe swelling might be significant but not as much as say, severe headache, visual disturbances or severe abdominal pain.

Catherine (37)
DH, Dave (40)
Finn (6)
Lucy (2)
Chloe (7/2/03)

mrsright41401

Swelling not a symptom for diagnosis anymore

Postby mrsright41401 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 05:36 pm

`That's what I was told today and just wanted to see if anyone else had heard that!?!?!?

Love,
Rachel

Return to “Ask the Experienced”