Not sure what's going on

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Not sure what's going on

Postby natalie » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:53 pm

I am currently 36 weeks pregnant and for the last four weeks my BP has jumped around all over the place. It is now at 140/80. I have a 3+ protein reading. I have gained 5lbs this last week (seemingly 2.5lbs in each foot!).

I am asking for advice from anyone as I live in Thailand and although my Dr is great I am not totally comfortable with my situation even though he doesn't seem to be worried. He does say that it looks like I have Pre-eclampsia. I have been told to 'rest a lot' but nothing else.

I understand that protein spillage indcates kidney problems but is it likely they will induce labour solely because of this? How dangerous is it to have a high protein spillage reading? Should I be drinking a lot more water to combat it?

I am sure that to the more experienced of you out there these questions are dumb but I can't find the answers elsewhere. I read information and the next bit I read contradicts it. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”