Post Reply FAQ Members Login

update & questions

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re : update & questions

Postby amyk » Tue Dec 16, 2003 08:51 am

Hey, I just heard the good news that you're expecting (CONGRATS!!!), but I'm sorry that your bp is up. I have faith that everything will turn out great for you in the end.
If I remember correctly, you live just a few blocks from me. I have a partial bottle of the protein dipsticks left, I think. If you want, I can always just drop it off in your mailbox (I'm back to working unbearably long hours during the day). I promise they're not contaminated, but I swear I won't be offended if you don't want an open bottle. It gave me some peace of mind though, at least up until the end.

Amy

Chloe (8/6/01) 35 weeks, p/e, hellp
Tristan (9/3/03), 32 weeks, p/e and hellp AGAIN
amyk

Postby amandab » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:22 am

Laura,

I forgot to ask you about the humidifier earlier. I have been wanting to get one and have been researching them, but it seems like so many people have problems with all of them. Leaking, saturating the carpet, growing mildew. Ugh! Do you have a good one that you would recommend??

Amanda
~i~ Aidan Timothy
4/14/03 29 wks
Expecting again!!!
EDD 6/13/04
amandab

Postby mada » Tue Dec 16, 2003 01:06 pm

Hey Amanda,
I have a vicks cool mist humidifier with a built in filter that you replace every several months and it works great!! My doc said the cool mist is better than the warm.I guess....Hope this helps[:)]

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby amyk » Tue Dec 16, 2003 01:17 pm

Hey Amanda,
I forgot to ask you (or anyone else actually) - I've really always been curious at what point most doctors put patients on hospital bedrest versus at-home bed rest.
(Just wondering)

Amy

Chloe (8/6/01) 35 weeks, p/e, hellp
Tristan (9/3/03), 32 weeks, p/e and hellp AGAIN
amyk

Postby amandab » Tue Dec 16, 2003 01:30 pm

Mada, thanks for the info about the humidifier!

Amy, my OB says she isn't going to waste time with home bed rest this time. She's going straight to hospital bed rest as soon as I develop even trace protein. I was only on bed rest for 5 days last time when I had the abruption. Then it took us 20 minutes to get to the hospital. Then there was all the prep time for the c-section... So she just doesn't want to take any chances with the way it will progress this time, and she wants to have me and Baby B where we can be monitored continously. I don't think this is too standard, and I think it is mostly a result of the abruption rather than the pre-e.

Amanda
~i~ Aidan Timothy
4/14/03 29 wks
Expecting again!!!
EDD 6/13/04
amandab

Previous

Return to Ask the Experienced