14 weeks along and shes 15years old

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

14 weeks along and shes 15years old

Postby hurley0025 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 09:35 am

my gf is 15 and we havent told our parents im 17 very scared as is she and she was in a bad mood about alot of things and she started to stick her fingure down her throat to throw up. she said it felt good. we had planned on haven an abortion. she has thrown up alot and now she cant stop she is not sticking her finger down her throat anymore she feels like shes going to throw up and does. she is now throwing up blood. and blood is coming from down there also. shes only 14 weeks i know its bad to throw up blood but what is going on with the baby and her body?
can anyone help or throw in facts.
hurley0025

Re : 14 weeks along and shes 15years old

Postby akemt » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:56 am

She should go to the ER. Blood from both ends is by no means good. This does not sound at all preeclampsia related, though that cannot be ruled out and I am not a doctor. If she is constantly vomitting, she is losing alot of fluids (and blood) and should be seen by a doctor today.

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
akemt

Re : 14 weeks along and shes 15years old

Postby annegarrett » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:13 am

Hurley:

I bet you are both scared. You can take her to a Planned Parenthood clinic today to get checked out. They will not encourage her to terminate the pregnancy--I know this from personal experience--I had an unplanned pregnancy and went there and they supported me in my decision to continue the pregnancy. They will have good local support, help you find out what is wrong with her in terms of the bleeding, and give you suggestions for how to handle talking with your parents.

Another option is the school nurse. Catherine is right--she should see someone today.

Take care and email me at anne@preeclampsia.org if you need anything else.

Anne

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Return to Ask the Experienced