Should I call the doctor?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Should I call the doctor?

Postby tribud » Wed Dec 17, 2003 06:24 am

Alright, a quick update! Friday night I went to a wedding! I was up all day running around to get ready! We needed three hair cuts and pantyhose! LOL So, after running around all day my BP was high! It was 160/90. So, on Saturday I laid around and didn't do much of anything! I forgot that I ordered Italian Subs from the Fire Co. and my neighbor dropped them off. That is what we ate for luncg and after eating it I got a terrible pain under my right rib. Well, I called the doctor and he said to go to L&D and he would check my out. All of my labs came back normal, but I was dehydrated and because of the dehydration the baby's heart rate was up! Like 200! So, after I drank two bottles of water the doctor came in and said that he thought it was my gall bladder and he was sending m home! Before he sent me home, he checked my cervix. This was the first time! I joked and said that I was probley tight as a drum and believe it or not, I am 3cm dilated and 50% effaced! So, I go home and on Monday I wake up to my mucus plug falling out! This has never happened to me before. I had a 2:15 appointment and when I was there everything looked good! The midwife checked me and she said that she would go along with my doctor, 3cm and 50% effaced! After that appointment I went up to the hospital for my NST. She had my hooked up for an hour and the baby's heart rate was everywhere. 121-173!! She called up to L&D and a resident looked at it and he said to keep me hooked up for another hour! So, after another hour she did a BPP and the baby scored 7-8 (I think?). So, she called my OB and they decided to send me to L&D for an induction. When I got up there they did another NST & BPP. The NST looked good and the baby got another 7-8 on the BPP! He said that they baby wasn't practice breathing when they wanted it to, so that is why it got a 7. So, We decided to send me home! He checked me again ad this time I was 4cm dilated and 80-90% effaced! He told me to go home and he would see me in his office on Thursday. Well, yesterday I thought for sure I was going into labor and of course it was false! But my Blood Pressure is up again! 160's (two 170's)/ high 90's! Should I call? I don't have any headache's my swelling is really about gone and I feel good! What do you guys think? I will be 38 weeks on friday and because I have GD he wants me to get as close to 38 weeks that I can! I am scheduled for an induction on the 22nd!

Sorry it is so long!

Trisch
Hubby
DD 12-6-1994 38 wks HB
DD 2-20-1998 36 wks GD, HB, Pre-E, HELLP
Baby #3 EDD 1-2-2004 GD
tribud
Registered User
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 05:33 am

Re : Should I call the doctor?

Postby mada » Wed Dec 17, 2003 07:28 am

Hi trisch,
I would go ahead and call my doc or midwife with your bp readings. I never got headaches (until I was put on bp meds) but I still had +2 protien and my uric acid was high as well as my bp's. I know everything was fine earlier but you know how PE is one minute fine the next.....I mean the fact that you are 4 cm. 90% effaced and have lost your mucas plug!! That baby wants to come and meet you[:D] Call right away and let us know what's going on!! How exciting, can't wait to hear all about your new baby[:)]

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada
Registered User
 
Posts: 4081
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 01:09 pm

Re : Should I call the doctor?

Postby catherine » Wed Dec 17, 2003 08:03 am

I'm with Mada, you are soooooo close, call, don't mess with high bps!! I expect the next time you post you'll have unwrapped your christmas present!

Lots of good wishes for a smooth delivery,



Catherine (37)
DH, Dave (40)
Finn (6)
Lucy (2)
Chloe (7/2/03)
User avatar
catherine
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 2832
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 05:53 pm

Re : Should I call the doctor?

Postby tribud » Wed Dec 17, 2003 09:34 am

Well, I'm not unwrapping anything just yet, but I am to be at the Doctors at 2:45 with plans to stay! I am excited and very nervous at the same time! I will let you gals know what has happened and I want to Thanks You all for all the advise over the last few months!! God Bless you all!!!

Trisch
Hubby
DD 12-6-1994 38 wks HB
DD 2-20-1998 36 wks GD, HB, Pre-E, HELLP
Baby #3 EDD 1-2-2004 GD
tribud
Registered User
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 05:33 am

Re : Should I call the doctor?

Postby akemt » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:42 am

HOW EXCITING TRISCH!

Can't beleive the day has come! I'm so glad that you've made it this far and without further issues. I hope all goes well!

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
akemt
Registered User
 
Posts: 4961
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 07:35 pm


Return to Ask the Experienced

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron