Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Snoring ... A sign of what is to come??

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re : Snoring ... A sign of what is to come??

Postby robyn » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:23 am

by robyn (9 Posts), Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:23 am

I was an *excessive snorer* during my second pregnancy, so much so that my dh decided to sleep on the couch! I was "stuffy" through the whole pregnancy and was even treated for a sinus infection. I've come across a few studies that link snoring (airway obstruction) with high blood pressure/preeclampsia. I know that they've done a few studies where they hook pg women up to CPAP machines and it has been found to successfuly reduce blood pressures. I'm sure this isn't the CURE we're looking for, but it is a curious link.

I think there's a major difference in regular snoring and PE-type snoring. I don't know if the snoring is caused by increased swelling or if the snoring causes increased blood pressue which causes swelling. In my case, the snoring started way before I had any noticeable swelling. BTW, my snoring went away completely once I delivered. [:I]

Robyn, mom to 27-weeker Oliver and FT Max
robyn

Postby annegarrett » Mon Dec 22, 2003 01:35 pm

by annegarrett (2525 Posts), Mon Dec 22, 2003 01:35 pm

I think I read something about excessive snoring and P/E but you know--I don't know when or where so unless someone else finds the reference, I wouldn't take my word on it. I know that snoring in general does seem to be increased in pregnancy. Alas.

I was (apparently) terrible. Cathinere--there I go again with all that personal detail!! :) I'm hopeless. TMI

Take care,

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby leighann » Tue Dec 23, 2003 07:22 am

by leighann (214 Posts), Tue Dec 23, 2003 07:22 am

I have snored my whole life... LOL... I developed pre-e but wanted to mention a friend of mine had horrible congestion and snoring when pg with her ds and she did not get pre-e.

Leighann 26
DH-Charles 30
DD- Gabrielle Marie born 7/23/03, 12:45am at 37.5 weeks due to pre-e
She weighed 6lb 8oz and was 18 inches long!
http://www.imagestation.com/members/mrslmfuller Click that link to see my imagestation albums
leighann

Previous

Return to Ask the Experienced