Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Ordered bed rest, Gestational hypertension

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Ordered bed rest, Gestational hypertension

Postby sayonib » Sat Dec 20, 2003 07:17 pm

by sayonib (7 Posts), Sat Dec 20, 2003 07:17 pm

Hi! This is my first post though I have been lurking for some time now. My first baby was born at 32 weeks due to preclampsia, am now in my 30th week with my 2nd. Today, I woke up with terrible headaches and blurred vision for about 30 mins which went away. Called the dr, who asked me to come in and my pressure was 170/107. It came down to 153/83 and all my labworks came back clean. He has ordered me to be on strict bedrest and to drink plenty of water.
my EDD is 2/27/04. My question is, has anyone been thru something similar? What are the chances of me holding out till 36 weeks? I am so so scared and worried, should I ask to see a perinatologist? What should I expect? Any answers would be much much appreciated.
sayonib

Re : Ordered bed rest, Gestational hypertension

Postby momathelete » Sat Dec 20, 2003 08:56 pm

by momathelete (227 Posts), Sat Dec 20, 2003 08:56 pm

Sayonib,

Hi! I had the same thing happen my last pregnancy. MY bp would go sky high, I would see stars, I would be admitted overnight (7 times!). MY labs would all come out fine so I would be sent home. They said since I didn't show protein, I was doing ok. I was on complete bedrest for 15 weeks and I made it to 37 weeks. I think the bedrest helped me as well as the bp meds, etc. Hang in there!!! Maybe you will just (like it is so minor! HA!) have PIH. That would be a good thing!!!

Good luck!!

Michelle
mom to Cole Thomas -former 28.5 weeker (3-5-99, 3 lbs)due to HELLP and Madelaine Grace "Lainey" -former 29.5 (10-11-01, 3lbs 4oz)weeker due to Pre-E and had PIH with Elisabeth Rose (Ella) -37 weeker,born June 30th 2003 weighing 5 lbs 12 oz and beautiful.
momathelete

Return to Ask the Experienced