hi new here....(long intro)

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

hi new here....(long intro)

Postby crysstarr » Sun Dec 21, 2003 09:47 pm

Hi just want to introduce myself..my name is Crysti (Crys) i am 29 pregnate with my fourth baby a girl due 4/19/04. With my second baby a boy in 96 my blood pressure went up and i was induced at 37 weeks with pictotin and given mag sulfate. I do not know if it was going up before that or it just rose that day, i never paid attention to it at my apopintments. I was young and niave adn never heard of PE. He was born weighing 8lbs 6 oz.after a difficult delivery where his heart stopped and he stopped breating while iwas pushing him out.He was ressuccitated after five minutes and had inhaled meconium with a apgar at birth of 0 and a 5 within 15 minutes. He spent 4 days in NICU where he was also diagnosed with an Aortic Bicuspid Valve. He is a healthy active 7 yr old now and doing well. In Sept of 98 i had my third a girl now five. My blood pressure started rising wiht her at 30 weks and i was out on bedrest till i was induced at 41 weeks. My doctor was a complete idiot(to put it as nice as posible) and never ordered any other testing even though my numbers were consitantly sky high. I wish i had internet access at that time and more knowledge and had demanded better care from him. she was born healthy and fine luckily at 8lbs 14 oz. after i finally had to demand to be induced. Now here we are in my fourth pregnacy i did research after her birth and gained more knowledge on the severity of PIH and PE. I see a high risk OB this time around and i am happy with his care. I am 23 weeks tommorw my BP has started rising over this weekend. Ill list them below. I called saturday morning and my appointment was changed to tommorow (monday)instead of weds as i was scheduled originally. With orders to stay in bed all weekend and on my left side and three times a day blood pressure checks.My BestFriend is a nurse and she loaned me a cuff and stetho. and taught me how to check it myself a month ago. So i keep it monitored. I am overweight (okay obese really) but have lost 25 lbs so far instead of gained anything.Was hoping that since i wasnt gaining alot of weight like in the past pregs i wouldnt get it this time but it was just wishful thinking lol. Anyways ill post my readings for the weekend my normal baseline runs around 121/72. Thanx for listening to my rambling. Hope to get to know everyone.
Friday: Saturday: Sunday:
142/87 8 am 158/98 7am 135/82 9am
148/95 9pm 146/89 1pm 136/86 2pm
149/82 11pm 152/88 10pm 140/92 11 pm

P.S. Another thing about me yal lshould know i am bad about typos.So please excuse them.

Crys
#4 due 4/19/04
crysstarr

Re : hi new here....(long intro)

Postby crysstarr » Mon Dec 22, 2003 06:47 am

hi again just realized there were other forums and this wasnt the right one to post this on as i have no question really..Sorry!

Crys
#4 due 4/19/04
crysstarr

Postby ileana » Mon Dec 22, 2003 06:58 am

Welcome! And good luck with your pregnancy!

Keep us updated!

Ileana 33
Angel stillborn 24w p-e 2/17/03
ileana

Postby akemt » Mon Dec 22, 2003 09:43 am

Crys,

WELCOME! [:D] I'm so glad you are more informed and receiving good care this time around. Are you on BP meds now? BEdrest? THose pressures aren't very great! As I'm sure you're aware. Wow, you've had 4 bouts with PE/PIH. Have you been tested for any underlying causes yet? Perhaps after this pregnancy comes to a successful end [;)].

My name is Catherine (just a little FYI) and I am currently pg with #2 after having PIH and Oligohydramnios with my first. Not sure if it will come back or not, though I too am obese (hate to say that outloud...or type it outloud[:I] anyway lol) and could see myself as a candidate for chronic hypertension, though I am still quite young. Anyway, I am about 8 wks by lmp but think that is off a bit and I'll be finding out *HOPEFULLY* at the dr's tomorrow with my first apt and ultrasound.

I look forward to getting to know you too!

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
akemt

Return to Ask the Experienced