Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Are you involved with your Chapter? Can we chat ?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Are you involved with your Chapter? Can we chat ?

Postby natan » Sun Jan 04, 2004 02:18 pm

by natan (203 Posts), Sun Jan 04, 2004 02:18 pm

Hi I was thinking of having a chat about ideas on fundraising. What are your chapters doing? Would love to brainstorm and really make a difference.

Let me know when a good time would be, Friday afternoon around 1:00-2pm pac time would be good. Please reply so we can begin processing ideas.

Ideas:
t-shirts
raffel tickets
penny drives

Qu-How would you ask store owners,doctors office, schools etc, for permission to display a collection can for pennys? Think about this dicussion, lets chat on Friday 1/9 1-2pm pacific time. Please reply if you think you will join our converstion.

Have a good week,
Deborah
natan

Re : Are you involved with your Chapter? Can we chat ?

Postby lisac » Mon Jan 05, 2004 08:53 am

by lisac (247 Posts), Mon Jan 05, 2004 08:53 am

Hi Deborah,
What a great idea. Unfortunately, I can't be part of a chat unless it's after work hours (pst).
So I'll give my two cents now: I would introduce myself, and then I'd quote the statistics of how many women and babies lose their lives (worldwide) to this disease. I'd say that it's the leading cause of maternal death (world wide). Then I'd ask if they'd consider a collection can.
Lisa
lisac

Postby natan » Mon Jan 05, 2004 06:54 pm

by natan (203 Posts), Mon Jan 05, 2004 06:54 pm

The more the marrier(Spell?)[:o)] [B)]

Is there anybody that could post the discussion on form after Chat, so that all members can read/hear what was said? (is there a way to do that?)

If more people get involved with fundraising, then we just might see difference. No matter who you are, if you read the form, are a moderator, husband, expert, chapter president, or just want to get involved you can make a difference.

I put my son down for nap between 12:30 - 1pm but will be on asap.

Look forward to chating with you,
Deborah

natan

Postby sarab » Tue Jan 06, 2004 09:10 am

by sarab (2950 Posts), Tue Jan 06, 2004 09:10 am

Deborah, I will be around and would love to chat. I don't have many ideas or anything, but I'll be there with bells on. [8D]

Sara, 23
DH, Scott, 25
Maggie Lylas, 6/9/03, 29 weeks, severe pre-e
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/maggielylas/
sarab
Site Admin

Postby julie f » Tue Jan 06, 2004 09:45 am

by julie f (7993 Posts), Tue Jan 06, 2004 09:45 am

Deborah,

I won't be able to make the chat but, will email you when I get home to see what I missed!

Julie (26)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe
julie f

Postby natan » Fri Jan 09, 2004 02:02 pm

by natan (203 Posts), Fri Jan 09, 2004 02:02 pm

We did it! Norlisa and I chatted for awhile about ideas with fundraising. Thank you Norlisa for talking with me. We thought about penny drives, making flyers on pdf format, and possibly make busniess cards. What is your idea?

There is a good book called Achieving Excellence In Fundraising by Henry A Rosso. For more ideas.

Lets chat again soon,
Deborah

natan

Postby sarab » Fri Jan 09, 2004 04:42 pm

by sarab (2950 Posts), Fri Jan 09, 2004 04:42 pm

AHHHHHH, I missed it!! I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about it until I saw this post. It was for a good cause though...my friend is pregnant with her third and has been really sick, so I took her kids today. When she gets feeling better she is going to write an article on pree for the local paper that she works for, so it REALLY was a good cause. [8D]

Also, my husband is in managment with a national pizza chain and does fundraisers for local schools, youth groups, etc. Once our chapter is up and running a bit better (and has more than one member [:D]), we are planning on doing a local PF fundraiser. It just occured to me that my husband's boss is over several western states and is based in Seattle, maybe I could work on something a bit bigger. I don't know if they do that sort of thing, but I'll talk to him and see.

Anyway, sorry I missed the chat, hopefully we'll do another soon.

Sara, 23
DH, Scott, 25
Maggie Lylas, 6/9/03, 29 weeks, severe pre-e
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/maggielylas/
sarab
Site Admin

Return to Ask the Experienced