Laura -

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Laura -

Postby sweetiesuzy » Tue Jan 06, 2004 04:50 pm

Dearest Laura,

Are you going to write a book? Are you gathering all this wonderful information so that you can help many women all over the world? I sure do hope so. Everytime I look here there is a new question of the day! It is great and just wondering where it is all leading...

Suzy

DS 3/25/95
DD 10/26/01 stillbirth
DS 12/30/02
AND ~ Peanut edd 8/6/04
sweetiesuzy

Re : Laura -

Postby laura » Tue Jan 06, 2004 07:47 pm

Hi Suz, no master plan in mind, just having a little fun. Keeping you chickies on your toes. I know new members wonder about some of this stuff, and it's good to have it all in one place [:)] Plus, I love all you guys so much, I want to know what you think about different things... We'll keep doing the question of the day as long as we have questions!

ANNE's our resident writer in charge, and I'm sure she'll find a way to use all this great stuff! Thanks for asking, though. Hope you're feeling better soon... [:X]

Laura-28
DH Jack-30
Allie 5-13-98 (35 weeks-pre-e)
Baby Camille 4-17-03 (36 weeks- htn and oligo)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

Postby julie f » Tue Jan 06, 2004 08:58 pm

Suzy,

What a great idea. [:)] Seriously though, people bought me all kinds of books on dealing with infant and child loss but, I always felt like the books were talking about somebody else, someone who had no idea what my husband and I went through. The perspectives here though, these hit home.

Julie (26)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe
julie f

Postby amandab » Wed Jan 07, 2004 07:35 am

I just wanted to say that I had the exact same feelings about the books dealing with infant and child loss as Julie. I truly believe a loss is a loss, and I know I have a connection with every woman that has ever lost an infant or child for any reason. But I always felt those books just didn't address my needs. I also know a lot of women that have lost babies (some due to cord accidents, some to first trimester miscarriage), and I had the hardest time talking to them because to me the differences were too big.

So I definitely think an informative book from the perspective of a woman that has had pre-e and/or hellp is needed in the market. Look how many of us there are! We keep this board hopping! And just imagine how many more women there are without daily access to the internet...

Thanks so much Laura for these questions of the day. They have definitely been very therapuetic! Now I am off to respond to Sharel about her great fiction book idea!!

Amanda
~i~ Aidan Timothy
4/14/03 29 wks
Expecting again!!!
EDD 6/13/04
amandab

Postby josiah1112 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 09:29 am

I couldn't agree more with Amanda.
I believe we definitely need a book out there
that is geared specifically to PE/HELLP.
Before I was pregnant I had never really heard much
about PE. I had only heard the word in passing
and I did not know it was a disease that I could
die from or lose my baby! (I thought that after
the first 3 months I was safe, since I had not
miscarried). I think a book with different
sections: Symptoms; questions and answers; short
stories;etc to be a great idea. It's amazing how
little OB's sometimes tell us (even high risk ones)
I was put on bed rest and never told that I should
lay on my left side. How I wish I had known this!

Gloria mom to Josiah 11/12/03 - 12/4/03 26wks. PE
josiah1112

Return to Ask the Experienced