My creative juices seem to be flowing....

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

My creative juices seem to be flowing....

Postby angelical » Tue Jan 06, 2004 08:04 pm

Some recent topics on the board seem to have started my creative juices flowing.

After having Aaron, I tried to write about my personal experiences in a journal of sorts, and I did get some of it written, but other things got in the way and I never got back to it. That was difficult to do, though, too because some feelings, etc were really too personal to write.

I don't know if this is going to go anywhere or not...but I am going to try to write a novel-like story about a women with preeclampsia. I think that in this format - - fiction - - I can use my experiences to build a story, but I can pick and choose what to put in it.

I have no idea if I'll get any more written than the 12 pages I did tonight, but I hope I can. And I have never written anything very long, so I don't know if it will be truly readable.....

Well, anyway, that's what I've been up to tonight. Maybe I should have gone to bed earlier instead! [:I]

Wish me luck!
Sharel

------------------------
Sharel & Kevin
Aaron - 28 weeker
Born 5/2/02 due to preeclampsia & HELLP

Our miracle boy is doing great!!
angelical

Re : My creative juices seem to be flowing....

Postby sarab » Tue Jan 06, 2004 08:18 pm

What a wonderful idea, Sharel! You truly have a talent for writing, I know it will be great!

I also started writing my "story" and feelings in a journal (on the computer) back in July when Maggie had just come home from the hospital. I think that things were still too close to the surface then, because I would always break down or end up mad when I wrote about it, so I have never finished. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and today's "question" just might be the motivation I need.

So, I wish you the best of luck, and I know whatever you write will be fabulous!

Sara, 23
DH, Scott, 25
Maggie Lylas, 6/9/03, 29 weeks, severe pre-e
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/maggielylas/
sarab
Site Admin

Postby amandab » Wed Jan 07, 2004 07:45 am

Sharel ~ I think a fiction book is a great idea!! You definitely have the talent and the knowledge. I also think it is a great idea because I had the same idea myself! So far I am writing from the position I'm in now... expecting again after losing my first to pre-e and placental abruption. I plan to call it "fiction," but what I have put down on paper so far has been my story. I don't know if I'll ever go anywhere with it, but I think it will be very therapeutic. Hopefully, my story will have a good ending.

I also wish you the best of luck! I know you will have an audience in all of us!!

Amanda
~i~ Aidan Timothy
4/14/03 29 wks
Expecting again!!!
EDD 6/13/04
amandab

Postby angelical » Wed Jan 07, 2004 09:46 am

Thank you for the support. I have never taken on the task of writing such a long fiction piece. It is going to be a struggle.

But at least it was fun last night to start on it. I actually have several scenes written, and many ideas to go on.

I have decided to base it off of my story, but to change some of the situations and reactions. I may even pull in some ideas from other birth stories I have read, etc. (saying I get any further, LOL [8)])
For example, I love the way a friend told me she was pregnant...it was much better than how I announced to her. LOL

Got a question... it has been too long... What all does the OB/nurses check for at the inital appointment? I remember them getting the baseline vitals/weight/etc and talking about medical history. Anything else?

Thanks!
Sharel

------------------------
Sharel & Kevin
Aaron - 28 weeker
Born 5/2/02 due to preeclampsia & HELLP

Our miracle boy is doing great!!
angelical

Return to Ask the Experienced