Update

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
lucy21

Re : Update

Postby lucy21 » Sun Aug 09, 637671 1:18 pm

Hope you're feeling better really soon. Can't help on the BP thing.... not sure.
Take care....Lucy

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Wed Jul 29, 637671 7:28 pm

Not getting a second trimester drop in BP can be an indicator of PE to come. But as Caryn says, it's often around 16 weeks. I didn't get a drop in my PE pregnancies, but did with my last PE-free baby.

If it doesn't drop, I'd ask for them to look at the blood flow through the umbilical arteries when you get your stage II u/s - notching can also be a marker for PE.

I think all of us who've been there, done that are on edge in any subsequent pregnancy until we have a baby in our arms - the worry is normal. But, as you say, you've educated yourself and you know what to watch for: know the symptoms trust yourself.

Good luck.

jedbel

Postby jedbel » Wed Jul 29, 637671 6:54 pm

Hi Caryn, By a PE indicator you mean that I might already be developing preeclampsia or that it indicates I will develop it later on. I am extremely worried after reading your comment but hey worry is my constant companion now a days anyway so... Any more info from you will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Belky

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Wed Jul 29, 637671 1:31 pm

Sorry to hear about the morning sickness. I was so nauseous that I couldn't eat anything but grapes and popsicles for the first 5 months. I lost about 15lbs. I do hope today is the day that it vanishes for you!

My BP never dropped in the 2nd. Though it was a smidge higher than normal and stayed pretty steady until week 22-23. I am not a chronic gal though, so that probably makes a difference.

Good luck, I hope it stays down!!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Wed Jul 29, 637671 10:35 am

IIRC, the current thinking is that the absence of a drop in the second trimester is a PE indicator -- but don't panic yet, as I am also remembering several posters who didn't get that drop until 'round about week 16.

Ew, morning sickness. [xx(] I hope it's gone tomorrow!

jedbel

Update

Postby jedbel » Sat Jul 18, 637671 7:07 pm

Hi! Just wanted to let ya'll know that I have read most of the ask the experienced and ask the experts archives and have learned more that I ever imagined I could[:D]. I am currently twelve weeks and 6 days and am still battling morning sickness that lasts all day. With both my boys it went away around this time so I wake up every day thinking "Oh let today be the day it disappears forever!".I have had two sonograms so far and saw the baby move on the last. It was a beautiful moment to say the least.

I have not been put on blood pressure medication yet since my bp had been low 80's/115-125 but sadly it might not be long now till I'll officially have to begin because in the last 3 days I have had 4 readings of 90/135.[:(]. I read that blood pressure usually drops at the beginning of the second trimester and am wondering if this was true for any of you chronic hypertensives. I have experienced the opposite since mine started to increase as soon as my twelth week was over. What could this mean?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”