I am in the hospital...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
lyndsey

Re : I am in the hospital...

Postby lyndsey » Fri Sep 01, 2006 09:43 pm

I hope you are hanging in there, Catherine. Take care. (((hugs)))

bluebird

Postby bluebird » Fri Sep 01, 2006 08:07 pm

Catherine, so glad to hear that your BP is normal. How are you feeling? That must have been really scary. Hope your stay there is at least restuful!

catherineg

Postby catherineg » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:00 am

thank you everyone, I feel much better emotionally today, I will do all I can for this baby, and if this is where i need to be this is where i will be - my bp seem alot more stable this am - i had a couple other high readings in the middle of the night, but it was odd, i was actively dreaming and 'fighting' with the cuff, lol- once i was climbing a tree and someone was grabbing me and not letting me - i paged the nurse after i lay awake for a few min, and asked her to run it again, and it was normal then - man, even my dreams are foiling me!

Catherine

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Fri Sep 01, 2006 07:06 am

Oh hon I am so sorry. I went on to 2000mg of Aldomet and when that stopped working, they added Procardia. I went up to 60mg of that as well as the Aldomet.

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Fri Sep 01, 2006 00:47 am

Catherine,

Oh dear... such a long road ahead of you. I hope that a right combination of medications can be found soon and that this IS the last hospital stay for a good long while. I know how frustrating being in the hospital can be, but with all that's happened--you know it is the best place to be until things can be controlled. Those are some very scary pressures.

Good thoughts coming to you!

patty

Postby patty » Fri Sep 01, 2006 00:24 am

Dear Catherine I was in the hospital almost 3 weeks before the birth of my son Raleigh in February. I was also on combos of labatelol and aldomet so I know how you feel. It has to be so frustrating and frightening for you right now. Please know our thoughts are with you that everything will stabilize. Try not to worry and rest.

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Thu Aug 31, 2006 06:57 pm

How frustrating for you. I hope the new med combo works, but at least you are in a safe place until they get it under control. Wishing you a speedy hospital stay!

catherineg

Postby catherineg » Thu Aug 31, 2006 06:35 pm

well, looks like i wont be going home till tuesday at the earliest - i think i have made my Peri mad by being adamately against going on th max dose of aldomet - my logic...

on 250x5 and bp rose to 160/90- uppped to 500x4 taken exactly as directed for 7 days, last 3 days of which mostly bed rest, pressures climed to 180/100 170/96 etc- i felt like i was having a heart attack - now on lower does again my pressure is 155/95 -

he wanted me to go back on the higher dose of aldomet, and i burst into tears - i think he thinks i am a knowit all and should just listen - that being said, i do like him alot -

i told him i will do what he wants me to do, but he needed to know how much i DIDNT want to be on max aldomet - so..he is adding a low dose of Labetalol .

So here I am for the next few days, hopefully the last time Im in the hospital for a good 16 more weeks!

Catherine

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Thu Aug 31, 2006 05:44 pm

Yikes, hang in there and rest rest rest!

jana m

Postby jana m » Thu Aug 31, 2006 03:58 pm

Hang in there, Catherine. Make sure they don't send you home until everything is under control and you have all of your questions answered.

We're here for you.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”