Very bad news, we need your prayers

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
robertmyangel

Re : Very bad news, we need your prayers

Postby robertmyangel » Thu Oct 12, 2006 01:26 pm

Catherine,

You are in no way a wimp, I am inspired by your strength. Stay strong, I'm praying that Sam stays off his cord.

leighann

Postby leighann » Wed Oct 11, 2006 09:30 pm

Stay strong. We're all cheering for you and praying for Sam.

paige_va

Postby paige_va » Wed Oct 11, 2006 07:21 pm

You are not a wimp!!! Your strength is amazing. It's very difficult to be so isolated, especially when your family has other obligations that keep them from visiting as much as they'd like. I'm sending you a big e-hug and hoping that DH can make it over to see you soon.

kazzabazza2

Postby kazzabazza2 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 05:39 pm

Catherine,

You are doing brilliantly! I am sure it is so so boring! The Dr is so right about cord accidents, with less fluid the risk of compression increases. Right now the best thing you can do is rest and let Sam do his/her best. But you know this and I sound like I'm lecturing. Hang in there. Here's a good one to cheer you up ....

A woman was walking down the street when she was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless woman who asked her for a couple of dollars for dinner. The woman took out her bill fold, extracted ten dollars and asked, "If I give you this money, will you buy some wine with it instead of dinner?"

"No, I had to stop drinking years ago", the homeless woman replied.

"Will you use it to go shopping instead of buying food?" the woman asked

"No, I don't waste time shopping", the homeless woman said. "I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive."

"Will you spend this at a beauty salon instead of food?" the woman asked.

"Are you NUTS?" replied the homeless woman. "I haven't had my hair done in 20 years!"

"Well," said the woman, "I'm not going to give you the money. Instead, I'm going to take you out for dinner with my hubby and myself tonight."

The homeless woman was astounded. "Won't your husband be furious with you for doing that? I know I'm dirty, and I probably smell pretty disgusting."

The woman replied, "That's okay. It's important for him to see what a woman looks like after she has given up shopping, hair appointments and wine."

catherineg

Postby catherineg » Wed Oct 11, 2006 03:34 pm

So after talking to the Dr the biggest risk to the baby at this point of the game is a cord acccident- i told him about a pretty big decel i saw on the strip a couple nights ago, he sais that is the babies weight on the cord... praying sam keeps off his cord!

Catherine

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:35 am

Jana that's a great idea to hook up with another mom. I did this in a roundabout way when I had Kirsten. Moms from the base that had had their babies and well I was still pregnant. I also managed to sneak off the floor and head to the cafeteria and downstairs for a break. I got into trouble when I got back (private rooms with private bathrooms), but that 10-15 minutes away from the floor for a breathof fresh air was refreshing.

mommajo

Postby mommajo » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:16 am

Ok Catharine this made me laugh yesterday maybe you could use a laugh too...

Have you ever stopped to think about the dramatic difference between a "teacher" and an "educator"???

Lipstick in School -- Priceless!!
According to a news report, a certain private school in Washington was recently faced with a unique problem.

A number of 12-year-old girls were beginning to use lipstick and would put it on in the bathroom.

That was fine, but after they put on their lipstick they would press their lips to the mirror leaving dozens of little lip prints.

Every night the maintenance man would remove them, and the next day the girls would put them back.

Finally the principal decided that something had to be done.

She called all the girls to the bathroom and met them there with the maintenance man.

She explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the custodian who had to clean the mirrors every night.

To demonstrate how difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, she asked the maintenance man to show the girls how much effort was required.

He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in the toilet, and cleaned the mirror with it.

Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror.

There are teachers, and then there are educators.

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:10 am

Thinking of you Catherine! I know how you feel! I was in the hospital a long time too! I am used to being very active and busy! It was aweful just laying there! Hang in there!

mommajo

Postby mommajo » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:41 am

Oh Catherine, I know it must be so hard. You are such a good mommy and wife. Hang in there!

jana m

Postby jana m » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:37 am

Keep doing what you are doing, Catherine. I spent pretty much the entire month of May in the hospital and it is hard at times. Are you on a high-risk unit? Does your doctor have any other patients on bedrest on the same unit that you are on? When I went into the hospital for what was supposed to be the remainder of my pregnancy, my doctor "introduced" me to another woman on the high-risk unit who was also on bedrest with triplets. We weren't able to see each other, face to face, but we did talk on the phone and her mom would come and visit me (we live an hour from the hospital, so time with my DH was limited too). When my DH was around, he would go and visit her too. It was really nice to have someone to talk too and we were both on mag, so very much in the same boat. Just a thought. Maybe you can ask your doctor if there he has any patients in similar circumstances who might want a phone buddy.

Stay strong! You are doing so great!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”