New...any research done on..

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
pkandm

New...any research done on..

Postby pkandm » Tue Oct 23, 637674 9:15 am

I'm new here. I've been spending the last couple hours on and off looking at posts. It has been very interesting, helpful and scary.
My son was born at 36 1/2 wks due to preeclampsea. I know it sounds rediculous, but I believe I had HELLP--but don't really remember. I know I went in for a routine exam and the next day they induced. The only thing I remember really is that my OB came in and said she was very concerned about me because I had HELLP--however, the next day my son was born and my health soon was put aside. I say I think I had it because I guess I don't remember my liver enzymes being up-do they have to be to be considered HELLP?

Mitchell was born weighing 7 lbs (pretty good for being a little early!) But, he had a cleft lip and palate and soon was dx with a syndrome- trisomy 13 mosaic. The dx itself is a long story so I'll keep it very short. My question is...
Has there been any research that anyone knows of linking chromosomal abnormalties and HELLP or preeclampsea?

I am now playing with the idea of having another child-However there are so many questions-about my health as well as the syndrome my son has. He is now almost 2 and doing very well considering his condition. I am fearful of getting preg. because he is a lot of work (has a trach) and I don't know what we'd do if I ended up on bedrest. When I was dx with pre-eclampsia it went very fast-I was very puffy but everything always checked out. I'm guessing I had this since 34 wks but didn't have an appointment until 36 and being my 1st preg. I wasn't sure what was going on-but that is when I started really getting puffy.

I am planning on making an appointment with my OB dr before we get preg. I'll ask her about seeing a high risk dr-but just was doing some checking and I don't think that we have one around here. But I'll have to check. Another question,
When I call and make an appointment-what do I call it? I've had my annual already.
Thanks
Katie

Return to “Ask the Experienced”