survey on cod liver oil

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

survey on cod liver oil

Postby michaela » Mon Jan 19, 2004 02:27 pm

Hi, This may seem odd but I am doing a little mini survey for myself. I am wondering if anyone on this site took cod liver oil or fish oil prior to or during their prenancy when they developed PE. My family and I have started to take it for other benefits, but I thought I'd throw this out there and see where it leads. Any feed back is very appreciated. Feel free to e-mail me if you'd rather. kmjkl@comcast.net
Thanks in advance,

Michaela 34
DH Ken 37
DS Joshua 7 yrs
DD Kennedy 4 yrs
DD Kathryn 3yrs
Our little angel Jared 34 wks stillborn 10/31/03 due to PE
michaela

Re : survey on cod liver oil

Postby sonja » Mon Jan 19, 2004 03:01 pm

I have not taken it, but I am curious about why you ask, I took it while a kid (my mom is Norwegian, so that is natural) and she has my dd taking it (she loves it and asks for more). I did read a study that was done, where mothers taking it had kids that scored higher on their IQ tests.

Joy
sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby michaela » Mon Jan 19, 2004 03:32 pm

I ask because i have been doing a lot of research on it and I have a few friends who take it. It is supposed to be very healthy and beneficial in many ways and I was curious if anyone on the forum developed PE while taking it.We lost our son in Oct due to PE and I am making some changes to, hopefully, lower my chances of a reoccurence.(ie. losing weight, increase protein(my kidneys are fine), changing my dairy to raw cheeses and milks from grass fed cows and the cod liver oil) The information on these dietary changes is staggering and I have spent the last 2 months looking into it. I have several friends who are already very much into the raw diet. I am slow to follow them into their ventures. I always have to research everything to death. I don't take anything at face value. Just how I am. Anyway, I hought this would be a good place to start in seeing if how many people take it or not. Thanks for any input you may have.

Michaela 34
DH Ken 37
DS Joshua 7 yrs
DD Kennedy 4 yrs
DD Kathryn 3yrs
michaela

Postby sweetiesuzy » Mon Jan 19, 2004 05:42 pm

I am currently taking my prenatal vitamins and the Omega 3 supplement. I didn't start taking the Omega 3 until I became pregnant and so far my blood pressures have been good. I can let you know how things go over the next months.

Suzanna

DS 3/25/95
DD 10/26/01 stillbirth
DS 12/30/02
AND ~ Peanut edd 8/6/04
sweetiesuzy

Postby michaela » Mon Jan 19, 2004 06:12 pm

Suzanna,
What kind of suppliments are you taking? Did you get them of the internet or from a local health store? Did your Dr. suggest it or did you start taking them on your own? Yes, it would be great to hear how things go from here, I think anything we can do to improve our health is worth a looksee.[:)]

Michaela 34
DH Ken 37
DS Joshua 7 yrs
DD Kennedy 4 yrs
DD Kathryn 3yrs
michaela

Postby momathelete » Mon Jan 19, 2004 07:49 pm

This is what I took for my third pregnancy. There were many things I did differently, but this one got me to 37 weeks....

Omega-3
Calcium
B6
B12
C
E
prenatal
folic acid
baby aspirin

I took this daily, mostly starting at 8 weeks. Hope this helps!

Michelle
mom to Cole Thomas -former 28.5 weeker (3-5-99, 3 lbs)due to HELLP and Madelaine Grace "Lainey" -former 29.5 (10-11-01, 3lbs 4oz)weeker due to Pre-E and had PIH with Elisabeth Rose (Ella) -37 weeker,born June 30th 2003 weighing 5 lbs 12 oz and beautiful.
momathelete

Return to Ask the Experienced