Post Reply FAQ Members Login

vision problem

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

vision problem

Postby jenny » Wed Jan 21, 2004 07:34 am

by jenny (80 Posts), Wed Jan 21, 2004 07:34 am

Last night I had this weird vision thing in just the left eye, where words on the comp. screen or the t.v. looked almost double. Like a mirrored effect .It lasted about 15 minutes and then I felt sort of dizzy and I was nauseated.I do have a history of migrain but I have not had that symptom before.I do not think it is blood pressure as my readings have been about 130/74 pretty consistantly.I am having headaches almost every day and have been for a long time(since the pre-eclampsia began).I delivered a week and a half ago.I am so sad that this did not "go away". I am trying to get a cat scan and an appt. for a neurologist but I am waiting to see if the o.b. will let me have the referral I need.Has anyone had this either after the baby or with the pre-eclampsia ?

Jenny(30)
Mommy to Zarse,Holly,and Christian
jenny

Re : vision problem

Postby julie f » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:02 am

by julie f (7993 Posts), Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:02 am

Jenny,

I've had vision problems since shortly before delivery of my son. While it has gotten a lot better, my left eye still sees things darker and smaller than my right. I also suffer from migraines and each time before I get one, I experience an "aura." (I think that's what they are called.) For me, I lose all peripheral vision in usually just my left eye and parts of my vision are replaced by light flashes. This usually lasts about 20 minutes and then I feel very weak and nauseous, and then the headache begins...[xx(] I have not noticed that they have gotten any worse since my experience with preeclampsia though. I hope that you are able to get an appt w/the nuerologist for some answers and relief.

Julie (26)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe
julie f

Re : vision problem

Postby jenny » Thu Jan 22, 2004 02:50 pm

by jenny (80 Posts), Thu Jan 22, 2004 02:50 pm

Stil no word back from my ob about a scan, but I do have an appt. to see him on Mon. I went to the eye dr. today and she said that my eye pressure was normal and that my optic nerve and retina was okay too.So I guess the vision trouble I have been having is not from actual eye damage.this is good but now I wonder if it is something in the brain from the swelling.ugh. She said she thinks the spots of light when I move my head too fast and in the shower are migraine related. The blurry vision might be from them but I have seen so many ladies here describe similar things to what I have that I cannot believe the spots in the shower and when I move my head fast, are all from migraine as well.Maybe I am just driving myself nuts, but I feel like I need to settle as many questions about my health as I can, at this point.

Jenny(30)
Mommy to Zarse,Holly,and Christian
jenny

Return to Ask the Experienced