got my results :-)

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
akemt

Re : got my results :-)

Postby akemt » Fri Apr 29, 637678 8:03 am

Oh, never had a "low ferratin level" to my knowledge. Isn't that low iron? Being anemic can cause similar issues to my understanding. Are you treating the low ferratin by diet or with medication? I'm sure you can get all kinds of related experience from ladies on the boards in that regard --anemia is fairly common after and durring pregnancy.

akemt

Postby akemt » Fri Apr 29, 637678 8:02 am

I don't remember what's been going on for you, but I too had heart palipitations and a fast heart rate. It seemed to show most in my second pregnancy and then kind stuck around afterward, though to a lessened extent. I too had cardiac testing (labs, cardiac echo, EKG, holter monitor, etc) durring my second pregnancy and they all came back fine.

Despite the fact that I dwell on the lower side of the BP spectrum while not pregnant, I seemed to fit the profile for high cardiac output and finally decided to get myself tested. I'm sure glad I did! It turns out that I have high cardiac output and that is the likely culprit for my above mentioned symptoms. I'm now on a low-dose preventative medication (atenolol) that seems to have solved both the palpitation and tachycardia problems --not to mention, I'm MUCH less tired on it. WAHOO! Do you happen to know if your workup included cardiac output testing? It isn't something that they do very many places as it is fairly specialized and recent. I just thought I'd mention it as a possibility.

I'm so glad that your cardiac workup came back great! One less thing to worry about! [;)]

sdmom

Postby sdmom » Fri Apr 29, 637678 7:30 am

I would have them check your B12 levels as low B12 can cause a spectrum of problems including palpitations and heartbeat irregularities. Low B12 is connected to low ferritin levels. Low B12 can be common after pregnancy especially if breastfeeding. Good luck!!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sun Apr 17, 637678 8:55 am

I too have had palpitations that aren't attributed to anything. It is frustering because now I am not quite sure when I should be worried about things. Good luck to you.

Joy

denise

Postby denise » Sun Apr 17, 637678 7:28 am

Melanie, glad to hear things are looking okay. I hope they can figure out what is causing the palpitations. I'm sorry I don't have any experience with that, so not much to offer.

melanie12321

got my results :-)

Postby melanie12321 » Sun Apr 17, 637678 7:19 am

Hi people i got my test results and every thing is fine they dont know why i got palpitations and the rapid heart beat he said it could be hormones or because i have a low ferritin level , has any one else got a low ferritin level and experience this .

Return to “Ask the Experienced”