Anyone else out there go through this?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
lilhunnybear

Re : Anyone else out there go through this?

Postby lilhunnybear » Mon Oct 23, 2006 07:55 pm

I havent had her yet, I have another doc appt tommarrow afternoon. They said my PIH pannel rose up a little bit, but they said well its nothing to worry about... I am hoping that my little one will come out soon on her own!

lucy21

Postby lucy21 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 00:41 am

Aaarrggghhh... so frustrating !! I can relate, my second child, my ob was away and I had a fill-in ob. I was prepped for theatre and fasted on four different days over a week and then he would get bloods back and say "Nah, we'll leave it a day or two - sorry". In hindsight I know it was great for James as he got a bit longer in there, but I was scared to death, felt terrible and was at my wits end and I kept thinking "This is it, it will all be ok soon, my baby will be "OUT" and I can see that he is ok and I'll get better" and then he would change his mind.... It drove me crazy !!
Hang in there... Love Lucy XX

julie f

Postby julie f » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:31 pm

Ugh, sorry for the frustration. If you're not at the hospital first thing in the morning, I would be on the phone to your OB, or better yet in his/her office.

Hang in there and if you feel that your symptoms progress or worsen, please don't hesitate to head straight to L&D tonight.

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:34 pm

Bless your heart! This happened to me once too - I was actually told that I'd be induced because of very high BP at 38 weeks and then sent home because so many "elective" inductions had been scheduled that day that they didn't have room for my "medically necessary" one!! Talk about frustrating!

I hope they will get you in ASAP and get your baby safely delivered. Good luck!

Kelly

akemt

Postby akemt » Fri Oct 20, 2006 04:48 pm

Oy! I can relate to a fair deal of it! I'm so sorry that you keep getting one answer just to get another. I have been there too! See, doctors play a balancing act between keeping the mother healthy (or atleast, trying not to let her get too sick) and giving the baby enough time to grow. I went through the ups and downs alot in my first pregnancy. When I hit about 36 weeks, the time my doctor had said all along he'd induce if we got that far, he decided to wait longer...indefinately, too. So, I'd spent 8 weeks on strict bedrest fearing the worst, and though I'd received good news (that the health of my daughter and I were still stable enough to go even longer), I just broke down. The goal of getting to that date had been what kept me half-sane the entire time and I just couldn't imagine doing it any longer. So, eventually (after crying uncontrollably for a while LOL), I called my OB back and discussed it with him. We decided together that we'd do an amnio to check for my daughter's lung maturity and induce if it was good or wait a week if not. There was a bit of a mix-up and I ended up waiting another two-three days or so, and then I was able to be induced. I can't honestly say it was quick and easy, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. My daughter was finally born at 37 weeks on the dot. So, after my experience, I'd call and openly discuss everything with your doctor. It may be that he has a valid reason for waiting longer and at the very least, you may be able to have a heart-to-heart and both understand eachother's viewpoint better.

Here's a link to the symptom's list Joy spoke of: www.preeclampsia.org/symptoms.asp

Again, I'm sorry you've had to go through all the ups and downs and worry too. Best wishes,

lilhunnybear

Postby lilhunnybear » Fri Oct 20, 2006 04:46 pm

I have had the pain in my side, and the doc said I had mild pre-e. I only think I got rushed out due to them being so busy.. So.. hoping for the best for tommarrow..!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Fri Oct 20, 2006 04:44 pm

Yikes that does sound frusterating. It sounds like you are being watched carefully. Do you know all of the signs and symptoms to call in about (seeing stars, right side chest pain, pitted edema and a headache that won't go away with Tylenol - all listed on the home page here.)? Do you know why you got send home from the hospital yesterday? You are so close to having a baby in your arms. Good luck to you and let us know how you are.

Joy

lilhunnybear

Anyone else out there go through this?

Postby lilhunnybear » Fri Oct 20, 2006 02:55 pm

I am 37.1 weeks pregnant with my first child. For the last month my BP has been on the rise mostly averaging in the 140/90's. I have taken 3 24 hr protien tests and they are either in the 250 range or none at all. I have made several trips to the hospital and my NST always come out good and strong. The doctors finally put me on methyldopa, but my bp is still in the 130/90. I was in the doctors office yesterday, and was told that they would be inducing me, only to be sent to the hospital again to be sent home and stay on strict bed rest until tommarrow... this is purely frustrating..was wondering if there was anyone who had this same issue and how they got through it. Thanks!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”