Quick Questions

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
lisainnj

Re : Quick Questions

Postby lisainnj » Fri Jun 09, 637684 1:40 pm

Yes these readings would be enough to call L&D, or go there. I would say call your doctor but if she has you on a four-week wait with pressures like you've had, I wouldn't depend on her too much. You can call her but if she doesn't start taking action you need to take action yourself.

Your BP is labile - that does not mean you can ignore the bad numbers.

I know that you are dealing with the military hospital system. But you and your baby are not experiencing a normal healthy pregnancy right now. Think of yourselves as being wounded soldiers - the hospital had better drop its schedule and do what you NEED done.

Take your blood pressure gauge in with you so they can do a comparison, take your log. But don't wait four weeks.

kdwyer

Quick Questions

Postby kdwyer » Fri Jun 09, 637684 12:12 pm

My parents found the blood pressure monitor so I have been checking it. I tested it yesterday a few times, and the worst reading I got was 189/128, I went sat down for a few and had my dad test it, it then was 158/95. This morning when I got up I tested again, I decided this would be a true resting pressure and it was 141/89.

I do not go the doctor again for four more weeks, I plan to keep a log of my blood pressure but how do I bring this log up in the appt and what do I do if the readings do not drop or keep going up. I am not sure calling and making another appt before then is an option since I am dealing with a military hospital. Would these reading be enough to call Labor and Delivery or the ER??

Thanks Ladies for all your GREAT Support to this point.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”