It IS pre-eclampsia!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
misup

Re : It IS pre-eclampsia!

Postby misup » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:39 am

Are you on bed rest? Just put this on another post.. but you may want to stay on your left side and remember... ONLY YOU know what you body is supposed to feel like and if you are feeling "a little stange or wierd" like something is wrong.. GO with your gut feeling! This is EXACTLY how I felt. I just had a "strange" feeling...and sure enough things went downhill quickly.. be careful..keep us posted...

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:00 am

Starr,

I'm so sorry for all this! How frustrating that your doc didn't share your results with you. Isn't it infuriating to be treated like a child?! [:(!]

I am glad to hear that they are being proactive now and that they are watching you and the baby closely.

I hope you are able to have an uneventful induction soon and hold that sweet baby in your arms!

Kelly

twohasbecomethree

Postby twohasbecomethree » Tue Dec 12, 2006 03:00 am

Hi Caryn,

Thanks for the link re: medications. It's kind of scary to think about, but they are definitely monitoring us both pretty closely -
I go for a NST and BPP every Friday. So far since being released from the hospital my little girl has scored 8/8 on every BPP and amazing on every NST! I think that's why my doctor may not be as worried as she could be.

Regarding kick counts one nurse mentioned it to me (not my doctor) and said to drink a really cold ice water and then count 10 movements in 1 hour. Usually I feel 10 movements in 10 minutes multiple times a day, so I have just been watching myself at her more active times and making sure there are lots of movements. If she's ever really quiet, I will do the water/orange juice thing and really concentrate.

I also have a feeling that depending on my 24 urine results the peri might just induce me on Saturday. It would put me at 36.4 weeks, but with the way things have been going maybe it will be the best thing? I guess we'll see what she has to say. I actually met this doctor while in the hospital and she seemed really great.

Thanks so much for your concern and advice. I will keep everyone posted.

Starr

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 01:42 am

Starr,

Oh, wow. I can just imagine how... reactive... I would have gotten, in your shoes. [}:)]

I'm glad the pressures are being controlled, and that they're watching the other symptoms too. Actually, our Experts say that if the pressures are being controlled with meds, you and the baby should still be watched VERY closely -- because the meds can make you seem more normal than you really are, and things can still be going downhill. Here's a link:

http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1081

On that note, did they tell you how to do kick counts?

I'm glad you've got a peri involved, and that they're doing repeat labs and such. Do you have a BPP scheduled too?

twohasbecomethree

It IS pre-eclampsia!

Postby twohasbecomethree » Tue Dec 12, 2006 01:17 am

Hmph. Sometimes doctors make me SO mad. Today at my appointment I finally got my doctor to tell me what the results of my last 24 hour urine were - 386! And so I say "But isnt that amount of protein coupled with what my blood pressure was diagnostic for pre-eclampsia?" and she looks at me, kind of with a "how would you know that?" look, and proceeds to tell me that yes it is, but since they have been controlling my blood pressure it's really nothing to worry about and that ITS BEEN LIKE THAT FOR A WHILE ANYWAYS. What the *? Shouldn't I have been told my diagnosis had changed from PIH to Pre-E? I've been feeling very odd the past few days which she knows about and thankfully we finally have a game plan but goodness, how frustrating! I am doing another 24 hour urine starting tomorrow morning and we see the high risk OB this Saturday for a consultation and so set our induction date for sure. As far as it looks now (barring any unforseen crisis) I will be induced on December 23rd at 37.4 weeks.

I guess I just don't understand why some doctors feel the need to keep you in the dark. Sigh.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”