should I call the Dr. ?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
debbie78

Re : should I call the Dr. ?

Postby debbie78 » Wed Nov 19, 637975 1:55 am

Hi Keri-
Did you call the doctor? I'm curious as to what s/he said. I hope you're doing well.

ozierja

Postby ozierja » Wed Oct 15, 637975 8:50 am

I am just checking in to see if you called the doctor. The little dots on your skin are very concerning to me. In my non-medical opinion the little dots could mean your platelets are lowering...something best to get checked out to be safe.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Sun Oct 05, 637975 8:48 am

Hi Keri! Did you call the doctor? Are you feeling any better?

julie f

Postby julie f » Sat Oct 04, 637975 7:45 pm

Keri,

Just checking to see how you're doing today?

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sat Oct 04, 637975 3:26 am

My rule of thumb is that if you are asking if you should call the doctor you should. Take care and let us know how you are.

jana m

Postby jana m » Fri Oct 03, 637975 9:18 pm

Keri,
Yes, call the doctor! You should definitely get checked again for those bp's and your other symptoms. I had those little red marks all over my body when I was pregnant with my triplets. If I remember correctly they had something to do with all of the extra estrogen causing your capillaries to burst. If that's what it is, you have nothing to worry about. They went away within a couple of weeks after I delivered.

zoel

Postby zoel » Fri Oct 03, 637975 9:42 am

HI Keri

I would be calling the dr or heading to the l&d to be checked. Much better to be safe than sorry.

Take care, keep us updated, Zoe

julie f

Postby julie f » Fri Oct 03, 637975 1:48 am

Keri,

148/98 is quite high, accompanied by sudden weight gain - it's something to be monitored very closely. How far along are you? What does your bp run while not pregnant? Was your urine checked for protein?

Here is a link to our Signs & Symptoms page: http://www.preeclampsia.org/symptoms.asp

A general rule of thumb for headaches is that if tylenol doesn't help - call your doctor. These cramps that you are feeling, where are they? Upper right quadrant pain is something to pay particular attention to as it could indicate swelling of the liver. Sudden nausea and dizziness are also not good things.

Are you able to monitor your pressures at home?

I am not a doctor but if in your shoes, I would head in to L&D to be checked out. They will check your blood pressure, likely run some labs and check on baby. It is always better to err on the safe side.

In any case, 12 days is a loooooooong time to wait for a recheck with pressures of 148/98. I would not feel comfortable with that and would talk to my doctor about being seen sooner. Also, it may be that you need to consult with a high-risk OB.

Please keep us posted,

sreeve

Postby sreeve » Thu Oct 02, 637975 10:58 pm

If you're nervous, call your doctor. You are the caretaker for your baby, and I believe that you have the right and the duty to raise any questions you have with your doctor. Try to stay calm, and tell your doctor about the symptoms you are having, and ask him what symptoms you should look out for. Good luck, and hopefully everything is fine with you and your baby, but it can't hurt to get some reassurance from you doctor.

keri

should I call the Dr. ?

Postby keri » Thu Oct 02, 637975 10:22 pm

The last time I went to the Dr. (Friday) my bp was 148/98 and I had gained 6 lbs in 7 days. Dr. said to stay in bed as much as I can... I have been having headaches for a while, but since leaving the Dr. I have been nauseous and sometimes dizzy. I have also been having little muscle cramps and I've noticed a few (just three or four on my leg and arm) little dots on my skin that look like I've made a little red pen mark. I think maybe I should call the Dr. but I am afraid I'm just overreacting... he didn't tell me any symptoms to watch out for, though. Is the sick feelin that comes and goes a thing I should call about? My next appointment is in 12 days.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”