Anybody on Bedrest?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
echap77

Re : Anybody on Bedrest?

Postby echap77 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:27 pm

Ladies, I'm just checking in on all the bedrest ladies! Hope you all are well.

echap77

Postby echap77 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:49 am

Hey ladies - I've been offline for a few days. Lynne - I'm sorry to hear that Beth didn't get to go home, but we have to remember what's for the best for baby. I had an OK appt. yesterday and they are now doing u/s (bpps) everyweek as well. He is 3.5 pounds!!! At 29 weeks, that's pretty hefty. Welcome Ashley! I'm sorry to hear about your previous experience - that sounds so scary. I'm glad your OB is being so proactive and precautious. How many weeks are you now? Good luck to you and keep in touch. OH! And Spring Break was hardest for me too!

ashley_hodel

Postby ashley_hodel » Tue Apr 10, 2007 07:27 pm

[:)] Hello ladies! I am new to the site. I just found it that I have mild preeclampsia and have been put on bedrest. I have a 6 1/2 year old daughter, that I had Preeclampsia with and it went undiagnoised. Five days post-partum I experienced severe siezures and fell into a coma for three weeks because of Eclampsia. So after years of health problems due to the eclampsia,I am scared to death with this pregnancy. So far everything is going pretty well. My OB has watched me carefully since the very beginning because of my previous experience. At 28 weeks I was seeing the OB two times a week. I am still going that often. I am getting weekly sonograms because I have also been diabetic for 5 years and am on insulin. I have NSTs twice a week. I am very very happy with my new OB. Right now I am checking my own blood pressure 6 times a day and trying to stay off my feet. Its really hard this week because my daughter is on Spring Break and my husband recently switched jobs and is working 100 miles away all week long! But I am trying my hardest because I dont want to experience anything like I went through the first time.

lynnekay

Postby lynnekay » Tue Apr 10, 2007 00:37 am

Hey Emily,

Beth was told yesterday (by a nurse that did not have all the facts...) that she MIGHT get to go home on bed rest sometime this week, but she then got some very disappointing news today. She went to her peri who's office is in the same complex as her hospital (She was glad to finally get out of bed and into a wheelchair for the short ride to his office!!!) Anyway, he said that he did not want her to go home until after delivery. He said that if they sent he home, that he knows that she would be back in the hos. within a matter of days, so he wants her to stay put. She is very upset and mad at her situation. She is only 20 and does not have the wisdom yet to fully grasp what is happening to her body.

On a postivie note, baby Drake is measuring 2 lbs 10 oz. today and he is in excellent health (YEAH!!!) The ob and the peri are in disagreement about how far along she is. The ob thinks she is 29.5 weeks and the peri says she is measuring 28.5 weeks. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING... The dr's are saying that her PE is superimposed due to complications with her having insulin dependant diabetes for 15 years. She got the results from her 24 hr. protein / urine test today and her protin levels stayed the same over the last 4 days (probably due to srictly enforced bed rest in the hos.) Her protein is almost a 3, and they keep saying that when they hit 5 they will do a C-section. Her bp is still rising slowly and never goes below 130 / 80.

I want her to get online and connect with all of you, but we can not get the lap-top we are using to reach to her hos. bed and stay connected to the internet. I have been reading her the messages and she thinks it is cool to hear from people all over the world who have or have had PE before. I am also going to contact the people at Sidelines Online and try to get her a buddy to chat with on the phone who understands what she is going through.

HANG IN THERE Emily and thanks for sending encouraging words to Beth.

Lynne

echap77

Postby echap77 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 09:34 pm

Hey ladies. Rachel - my appt have become the highlight of my week too. Denise, thanks for the compliment. My DH is home most of the time during the week. Amanda - I'm typing one handed too since I have to be lying on my left side. No more cheating. Hope you all are well.

Lynne - how's Beth?

hhbeachgurl

Postby hhbeachgurl » Mon Apr 09, 2007 09:20 pm

Emily-
I was on bedrest for 9 weeks, 3 weeks modified (I could get up and do somethings) and 6 weeks complete (only supposed get up to go to the restroom and to my doc appointments) My bp went up at 26 weeks and I was diagnosed at 29w and made it to 35w :) with a couple of stays in the hospital and then a week and a half stay before they induced. I know how hard bedrest is but it is so worth for every day it buys your little one. I am typing one handed cause I am nursing at the momment.Hang in there.
-Amanda

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 09, 2007 08:20 pm

Hi Emily

I think that Emily is a lovely name and I am sooo glad that you have made it to 29 weeks. Congrats!!

I am not on bedrest but I have been and could be in the future so I definitely know how you feel. It can be unbearably boring and depressing. I looked at tv and read. I also had my mom visiting a lot which reeeallly helped me because we are so close. Do you have a close buddy or family member or spouse that can visit you everyday? I hope so.

Anyways, just wanted to say good luck!! Keep us posted!!

rachelc

Postby rachelc » Mon Apr 09, 2007 06:29 pm

Hey, just wanted to say that I know how you're feeling. I am 29.5 weeks and have been on bedrest for 7 weeks. I actually look forward to going to my appointments because its the only time I'm allowed out of the house. Hang in there!

echap77

Postby echap77 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 05:35 pm

Mommajo - YEAH for 37 weeks! Well girls, I had a bad scare today. Read my other post "Called the Doctor and now I feel Silly". I have been having a hard time sticking w/BR too and learned my lesson today! Hope you all are well for today. I will check back in soon.

mommajo

Postby mommajo » Mon Apr 09, 2007 02:34 pm

I'm on bedrest for high BP. I don't have PE yet. I have made it past the point where I developed PE with my first pregnancy so I guess its helping and my BP has been fairly stable. I've been on bedrest for a few weeks now. It hasn't been too bad, but I also have a hard time sticking with it. For example, I'm sitting up using the computer right now. I spend most of my time on the couch watching TV. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow so it is kind of surreal to know that I won't be having a preemie.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”