People are driving me crazy!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
rosebud

Re : People are driving me crazy!

Postby rosebud » Thu May 03, 2007 07:17 pm

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement! You know I hate to say "I told you so" to those people but really - positive thinking and "relaxing" is no cure for PE. Don't we wish!!

I go back tomorrow for a BP check then Mon for an U/S and my GTT. My feet are still a bit swollen but nothing like they were and my ankles are actually looking very good. Hopefully this means the bedrest is doing some good!

My jaw is still killing me and glands are still swollen...OB basically said they didn't seem infected so maybe call my dentist. I think I will call as it's not getting better. Maybe I am grinding my teeth and the glands just happened to be swollen too...I don't know?

Well I've been laying here all day...I just took my BP left arm = 161/98 and right arm = 151/95. Let's hope it's lower at the office tomorrow. Ugh[:(]

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:23 am

Keep us posted. You are right every day is a blessing when it comes to pe!!! Wishing you luck and for many more baking days for your little one.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Wed May 02, 2007 09:08 am

I'm glad you are on bedrest. I hope your pressures start behaving themselves. Good to know that your protein is not reaching that 300mg level.

Please keep us updated.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Wed May 02, 2007 02:02 am

Rosebud, I'm glad they're keeping a close eye on you, if your pressures are spiking that high!

You know, I had swollen glands in my neck for quite a while postpartum -- I wondered if it was part of the inflammatory response, or what. Did they say anything about them?

brigidmary

Postby brigidmary » Tue May 01, 2007 09:47 pm

That sucks that you're getting the "stop worrying" talk. I am so sick of hearing it myself. On the other board I posted that there was a midwife who gave me a ten minute lecture that I just don't know how to enjoy my pregnancy. Well, I enjoyed it right up until they told me they were going to induce, then changed their minds and couldn't give me a good reason for either. So keep on demanding answers, and make sure you get the best care you're entitled to.

zoel

Postby zoel » Tue May 01, 2007 08:39 pm

HI

so sorry your going through this right now. OMG who do they think they are to tell you not to worry - I guess they have never been faced with what your going through. Personally I think your being perfectly normal to be worrying and concerned about yours and bubs health.

Glad your on bedrest - hopefully this will help things.

Hang in there hun, and huge congrats to gettting to 28weeks, take care, Zoe

rosebud

Postby rosebud » Tue May 01, 2007 08:03 pm

Update...

I'm on modified bed rest as of today. Sounds crazy but I'm thankful - my feet are so swollen I can hardly walk. I went in yesterday because I have painful swollen glands in my neck...they weren't too concerned about that but my BP was 140/102. Did a 24 hr urine and went back today. BP was the same but went down to 130/88 while on my side (as usual). That was good enough for a ticket home and thankfully didn't have to go to L&D again! Urine was 157mg which was up from a month ago (don't know exact number). So it looks like I'm inching toward PE again. Everyday is a gift at this point - I'm only 28 weeks and I'm petrified!!

ecfeeney

Postby ecfeeney » Tue Apr 24, 2007 01:15 pm

Hey!! it is a huge worry for you, especially with high BP. After having perfect BP in hospital for the last month. But given your terrible experience I don't blame you at all. I'm having my tubes tied (hopefully all going well with this baby) and I'm not thirty yet! The worry of the past few weeks has been incredible. The hospital staff are very understanding snd acknowledged real clinical reasons for this, and as far as I see it if I have two healthy boys, fingers crossed, I'll be very happy. But the rest of the female population seem to think I'm mental!! I think it's very very difficult for people to appreciate your point of view when they've had 'normal' pregnancy. I really hope everything works out for you.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 09:23 pm

How frustrating to go thru all of that and then people say don't worry. I think maybe they associate pre-e with high BP and then associate high BP with stress. That's all I can figure. In some way, they think they are helping the situation rather than making it worse for you.

I'm glad you came here to vent! These ladies can certainly understand!!

I wish you 13 more weeks of uneventful pre-e free pregnancy!!!

onfaith

Postby onfaith » Mon Apr 23, 2007 04:55 pm

Ro - I so feel your pain - - after my PG with number 2, my now 9 year old, would say "your body just doesn't like babies"..........after my c-sectoin, when I was awake enough to take it all in.......I told my Doctor I wish he would have kept my uterus......if I would have had time to plan, it would've been done!!!

Looking forward to hearing that you are being catered to and your every need and whim are being met by those around you!!!!!! You can dream right!!!

Thinking 'bout ya!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”