Should I get a second opinion?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
annegarrett

Re : Should I get a second opinion?

Postby annegarrett » Mon May 07, 2007 02:06 am

Thanks for checking back in with us and sharing the great news. I was so moved with your kind comments about the encouragement you got here but I have to say--you are the one who did this--you should be proud of yourself for standing up for yourself and your baby. Because of you, he's alive today. I hope you always remember that.
Take care,

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:56 pm

Brigid,
I also followed your posts... I'm so glad you got a second opinion... and everything turned out okay... saying prayers for you and your son. Congratulations!
((hugs)) Cindy

jenhaus

Postby jenhaus » Sun May 06, 2007 06:42 pm

I have been following your posts....I am so glad that everything turned out okay and you and your baby are safe!! I am really glad that you went to another doctor....it's amazing how brain dead some docs can be!! I will continue to keep you and your baby in my prayers.....

julie f

Postby julie f » Sun May 06, 2007 05:11 pm

Brigid,

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry at all you had to go through but I am so thankful to hear this happy ending.

I am shocked at your previous doctor's lack of care, and incredibly angered! Thank goodness that you made that appt for the 2nd opinion.

Many congratulations again!!

lynnekay

Postby lynnekay » Sun May 06, 2007 01:15 pm

Congratulations to your family and welcome baby Nicholas!!! WOW, your story is very powerful and THANKFULLY has a happy ending.

I am so glad you found this awesome site full of knowledgable moms who have walked this dangerous path of pe that you encountered. All of the ladies on this forum who urged you to continue to seek help should feel very proud that another life was saved [:)]

Blessing to your family,
Lynne

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sun May 06, 2007 12:39 am

Wow. Just wow. And what a relief to hear this! Welcome Earthside, Nicholas. I hope to hear he's out of NICU very soon.

How's your bp? How's your swelling? Oh, and a lot of us have inductions that go sideways, because when the placenta is starting to fail already, and contractions start, the baby can end up in distress more easily than in an uncomplicated birth -- I had a section for the same reason.

Congratulations!

ecfeeney

Postby ecfeeney » Sun May 06, 2007 11:07 am

Oh Jeeeessss.....Goes to show we're not all looneys like some doctors make out...I'm so so glad that you went to another hospital and trusted your instincts, congrats, and may you be very happy with your little baby... Take good care of you both. It took me some time to get over emergency induction with PE, lots of credit to you.

jana m

Postby jana m » Sun May 06, 2007 10:55 am

Oh my goodness. What a story. I'm glad you and your baby finally got the care you both so deserved.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sun May 06, 2007 10:50 am

Congratulations on the birth of your new little one - I hope that he is home with you soon. How are your bps doing now? I am so glad that this board was here for you and helped you along, but take credit yourself for researching what was going on and staying on top of things. Take care and let us know how you are all getting along.

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Sun May 06, 2007 10:24 am

Congratulations! I am so glad you trusted your isntincts and went to that high risk doctor. You've been on my mind; I'm glad to see you and baby are on the road to recovery. Enjoy that little one.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”