Help!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
sonja
Forum Moderator

Re : Help!

Postby sonja » Thu May 17, 2007 10:31 am

I hope that she is in the hospital right now. Let us know how she is doing.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Thu May 17, 2007 10:27 am

I agree with Denise. I'd send her to L&D. Her doc must be like 80 to be calling it toxemia. That worries me. Her BP is low (well, was), at least, but if she was seeing spots and no movement, definitely L&D. It certainly can't hurt.

Keep us posted.

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Thu May 17, 2007 10:27 am

Yes, toxemia is an outdated term... very. I would be concerned with my OB using such terminology.

Seeing spots and not feeling the baby move are definitely symptoms that need to be reported to her OB ASAP, and in my humble opinion, if her OB won't take her symptoms serious enough to follow them up with labs and monitoring of the baby, then I would personally be heading into L&D. Again, just my humble opinion.

While at home I would also suggest she do kick counts.

Hope this helps. Prayers are with her.

denise

Postby denise » Thu May 17, 2007 09:50 am

Miranda, if this were someone I knew I'd gently be suggesting a trip to L&D. You are correct, toxemia is old terminology. The symptoms that are being reported are concerning and I'd be wanting to be evaulated by an OB. Has she seen the signs & symptoms list from the main page of the PF? I'd maybe print that off, or email to her.

Good luck to them.

miranda childers

Help!

Postby miranda childers » Thu May 17, 2007 09:40 am

Hello - I received an e-mail last night from a friend of mine who is concerned for her co-worker. I'm simply looking for advice. I've already told my friend that she should go see her doctor right away but that's it..obviously I am NOT a medical professional and I've made that EXTREMELY clear. I'm just really concerned here!

Facts:
Courtney is 36 weeks pregnant and was diagnosed with "Toxemia". Her blook pressure was 170/80 and she has blurred vision and her Dr. sent her home on bed-rest wanting her to get to 38 weeks. He wants to see her every 3 days. She told her grandmother last night at 11:45pm stating that now she was seeing spots and the baby hadn't moved all afternoon. I am seriously concerned about this...any suggestions for me?

Obviously I don't know this girl from Adam but things don't seem right to me. I like to offer advice with the understanding that I'm no professional here - just someone who has learned from my own experience and that of others.

Plus.....correct me if I'm misunderstanding...but isn't Toxemia an old and incorrect term for Preeclampsia??? That has me even more concerned as she obviously has a Dr. who is uneducated on this disease!!!!!

Thanks...any suggestions would be great - I'll e-mail them to my friend.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”