Should i be worried

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
dustyroadgurl

Re : Should i be worried

Postby dustyroadgurl » Wed May 30, 2007 09:28 am

I know for sure it can go from bad to worse in hrs,
with my son i went in for my dr apt at 4, and he told me he thought i was getting PE, I was back in The hospital that nignt with a bp so high they brought in two different nurses just to make sure they were reading it right, and i had my son by emergency C soon after,

i'm really really really keeping track of how i feel, and how long it last, and hopefully this time i wont have to rush to the hospital

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Tue May 29, 2007 03:35 pm

Please keep a close eye on yourself. Many members will tell you that it can go from bad to just plain ugly in a matter of hours. Knowledge is power and knowing you have it puts you ahead of the ball. Keep us updated. ((HUGS))

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Tue May 29, 2007 02:47 pm

Good to hear you're being watched closely and taking it easy. Please keep your doctor updated with any changes in your symptoms.

PE is stressful, for sure. Remember we are always here if you need us: we really know what you're going through.

dustyroadgurl

Postby dustyroadgurl » Tue May 29, 2007 01:53 pm

Hello All,Sorry it took so long to post this, but its the first time i've been able to get on a computer,
So Last week i did a 24hr urine, and then i had a drs apt on Friday afternoon,
The Dr apt went really really well, My headache is under control, i still have a dull pain constantly but at least its no longer a blinding headache, my BP was 118/78 and my urine was +1 he told me since i was resting more than working the bp could go up and down over the time of the day depending on what exactly i was doing, etc.
anyway Saturday my dr called me to let me know the reults of my 24hr uring, i cant remember what the exact number was, but it was high enough to know i had mild pe, but not high enough to go on strict Bed rest, for now i'm suppose to rest as much as possible, and call if i fell "icky",

I'm just taking it one day at a time, My dr has me coming in every friday now to keep a closer eye on me, we looked back at my records from my first born, and the symptoms, and when i started having them are almost exact, even my BP is pretty close to the same as it was at each appointment, but because a couple appointments last time with my son I didnt see my regular dr (out of town one apt, and taking his board exams the next) no one was catching the PE in its early form, so now that we know what were dealing with its just a matter of time. It kinda sucks waiting around wondering will it get severe, or will i go all the way to my Delivery date?

my goal is to make it To July 9th (36 weeks) which is longer than i made it with my first. My son was born just shy of 34 weeks, and was 5lbs 8 oz, the hospital was ready to release him before me,
they think pe caused him to have a high birth weight for his age.

Anyway i just wanted to thank everyone for being so supportive and helpful, PE is VERY Stressful, (which is funny because stress can cause PE to be worse)

thanks!

heather100

Postby heather100 » Thu May 24, 2007 01:49 pm

Oh, I'm SO glad they finally agreed to do a 24 hour. I'm glad your headache is feeling better. Let us know the results!

dustyroadgurl

Postby dustyroadgurl » Thu May 24, 2007 01:42 pm

Well my bp was 140/90
dip was +2, and an hour later they did it again and it was Trace,
so they told me i was developing a mild Case of PE
FINALLY what i've been telling them for the last two weeks was confirmed,
to be sure today they are doing a 24 hr collection that i turn in for my apt tomorrow,

could be talking moderate to strict bedrest, but for now i'm suppose to do what i think i need,
which is lay around for 90% of the day

they gave me meds for the headaches, and so far i feel 75% better,
hopefully by tomorrow i'll be feeling 100% now that i know whats going on, and what i have to do.

thanks for your help!

heather100

Postby heather100 » Wed May 23, 2007 05:00 pm

Ditto asking for the 24 hour since the dips are not very accurate.

denise

Postby denise » Wed May 23, 2007 03:21 pm

Glad to hear you are going in this afternoon for a quick check. I would suggest asking fora 24hr urine as well. Please keep us posted.

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Wed May 23, 2007 02:02 pm

Personally I would ask for a 24hr urine. He should give you a jug to pee into for 24hrs and it will be checked for protein. This is a much more accurate analysis than the dips. The dips can fluctuate based on hydration.

Please let us know how it goes!

dustyroadgurl

Postby dustyroadgurl » Wed May 23, 2007 01:40 pm

Pre Pregnancy was picture perfect 120/80 but for the first trimester, and most of the second i was a little low 110/70 ish, in my last 2 or 3 visits its been creeping up and now its all over the place

I'm going in this afternoon to do a BP check and a urine dip, and for now he wants me to keep my friday apt,

I love my Dr.,He at least always acts to me like he's taking my seriously, but the staff at his clinic acts like they know everything, and what i should be feeling,
I swear that is enough to make my BP go up

Return to “Ask the Experienced”