not starting off the day very well :(

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
jordyjsmom

Re : not starting off the day very well :(

Postby jordyjsmom » Thu Oct 25, 637979 12:55 am

Thanks, thats a great idea to come for dinner. My mom suggested keeping special treats in the room, i never would have thought about toys. If i end up there maybe i'll have DH go buy a new "special" toy that we can keep there as well.

I think i'll also keep a bunch of family pics around and keep some of her favorite movies in the room.

Thanks for the tips and advice!

lbdefelice

Postby lbdefelice » Thu Oct 25, 637979 12:48 am

Bethany,

Just wanted to let you know that you and your baby are in my prayers. Thankfully, the doctors are watching you closely. Hoping you can get a few more weeks before you have to deliver.

As far as your daughter...I was hospitalized for 2 weeks and Emily was 2 1/2 at that time. When my mother-in-law or sister would bring her to the hospital, they would also bring some toys too. (I also kept some toys and coloring books in the room). She always came at dinner time and would actually have dinner with me. It was a big treat for her to have dinner in bed with me. I was so worried that Emily would be scared to see me in the hospital, but after a few days, she just got used to coming to the hospital, having dinner with me and then playing in the room. So, I am sure your daughter will be okay.

Take care of yourself and keep us updated when you can.

lynnekay

Postby lynnekay » Wed Oct 24, 637979 7:51 pm

Oh Bethany,

I am so sorry to read your post. Thankfully it sounds like the dr's are watching you closely. Please know that I will be praying for you and your little guy.

Hoping for a few more weeks of baby baking time...

heather100

Postby heather100 » Wed Oct 24, 637979 5:48 pm

I'm sorry to hear your BP is still rising. I hope it chills out so you can stay pregnant longer. 28 weeks. Wow. That's so early. But, there are so many on here that had babies at that stage. Let's hope you don't have to!! C'mon BP... cooperate!!!

Oh, I'm so sorry that Jordyn is scared of the hospital and seeing you. But, maybe once she's there more, it won't be as bad. I bet she'll get used to it when she has to.

jordyjsmom

Postby jordyjsmom » Wed Oct 24, 637979 5:47 pm

No, i'm not. My Dr and i talked about it at my last apt and she doesn't like to medicate because it can mask the biggest indicator that things are getting serious. I'm interested to see what she will do now if my BP continues to rise but my labs stay normal....

bcrnjo

Postby bcrnjo » Wed Oct 24, 637979 4:48 pm

Hi there... I am hoping for the very best for you and your little one.... just a question ( sorry if you have answered this somewhere before) are you on any BP meds?

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Wed Oct 24, 637979 2:55 pm

I am happy you made it to your goal of 28 weeks. Heres hoping you can keep him in a little longer. Your BP does sound discouraging. I am so glad you are keeping track of it. Keep us posted.

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Wed Oct 24, 637979 2:25 pm

You and that baby will be in my prayers. Hopefully, they can get your blood pressure under control, and keep that baby in for a few more weeks. The hospital is a scary looking place, especially to a little one. I am sure you will get a lot of advise here if you do end up on hospital bedrest. When I was in the hospital after I had Jaden, AJ wasn't really freaked out, but very quiet and wouldn't say much when he was in my room. But he warmed up when he snuggled in bed with me and we put his favorite DVD on. Take care.

jordyjsmom

Postby jordyjsmom » Wed Oct 24, 637979 1:40 pm

i just called the Dr's office and left her a message. I took my BP again right before i called and it was 168/87....booo! I'll let you know as soon as i hear anything back.

I do have a headache today but i don't think its "THE" headache because its not severe. I also have a little heartburn which has me worried because thats how most people describe there URQ pain. So far its not bad, lets just hope its just heartburn!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Wed Oct 24, 637979 12:25 pm

Hugs to you Bethany. I am glad that you went in to be seen yesterday - you had me worried after your last post. Have you called your OB yet this morning? I am sure that the hospital will be a tough place for you to be, but it is the safest place for you and baby to be. Hopefully they can do something for you to get more time for your little one to grow. Also, I am hope that your DD will get used to the hospital. Maybe you could have special treats there for her. Take care and let us know how you are.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”