New to Board

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
kristi78

Re : New to Board

Postby kristi78 » Wed Mar 10, 637982 3:00 pm

Yes and thanks this is a wonderful forum.[:)]

jenhaus

Postby jenhaus » Tue Mar 09, 637982 2:41 pm

Hey...is this Kristi from Sidelines? If so(or even not so) welcome....I am glad you joined the forum...I was hoping that you would as this site is awesome..glad your pressures are better!

kristi78

Postby kristi78 » Tue Mar 09, 637982 11:40 am

I keep forgeting to put my websites I have made for our girls..

Here's my 2 year old's website

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/grace04/

An here's my pregnancy website for Gabriella

https://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littleone02/

kristi78

Postby kristi78 » Sun Feb 28, 637982 11:01 am

Well my doctors appointment went well but about an hour after we got home I started to get pretty bad pains in my upper stomach. As well as I was starting to contract so i called the doctor and he sent me to L&D and I just got home it's 11pm. Well they ran a ton of tests on me and everything looks good they think that I am dydrated sp? hehe and have a UTI. So another night at the hospital. They still want me to go to my NST tomorrow and my doctor ordered another ultrasound for this week. It's so odd I don't want anything bad to happen but I always feel like such a butt when nothing is wrong I am still having quite a bit of pain and I thought for sure something was up. I was contracting quite a bit over the hours I was there but nothing to worry about I guess. My bp also spiked up to 170/100 but when I arrived at the hospital of course it was down to 150/90. I think with my bp I was a bit late taking my meds to I am sure that is what triggered it.

Rebecca - Well when I first got pregnant my bp was normal and around 16 weeks it spiked up to 170/100 and that got me on 100mg of Labetalol. Well i started to still creep up so a few weeks later went up to 100mg twise a day. Then about a week later 200mg twise a day. Then finally 300mg twise a day that bottomed out my pressure to way to low so then we went back to 200mg twise a day and around 5pm everyday it would spike up to 160/90. So the doctor tried to space it out thinking that it might actually be running out and that did the trick. I now take 100mg every 6 hours so I wake up around 10am, then 5pm then 11pm and that keeps it down to 130/80. It has really helped a lot I feel so much better with my pressures. i can really tell when I am late it starts to go right back up. I can only imagine where it would be without my medicine. I hope that helps I think that doctors just keep practiceing until it works LOL. You are also 31 weeks aren't you? I read your post and we are almost completely alike its kinda funny. I am so glad I found this website.!! Talk to you girls tomorrow.

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Sun Feb 28, 637982 9:16 am

Kristi,

Welcome!!

I wanted to echo what others have said - once this baby is born and life is back to "normal", you may want to have some testing done for underlying disorders. I just found out I have a blood clotting disorder that probably could have been treated and saved me from 5 horrific pregnancy/births and at least 2 miscarriages. [:(]

So, you know, it might be good to check that out because with your history, I would bet money you have something like this. And it can cause other problems with your health, so even if you don't want more babies, it would be good to know.

I'm so glad you've made it so far this time!!! Hang in there!

Kelly

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Sun Feb 28, 637982 5:02 am

Kristi,

Just wanted to welcome you to the boards as well. It's great that you've made it to 31 weeks so far. I hope that you're able to get a few more weeks in. Let us know how your appt went. Take care and keep us posted on how you're doing! You're almost there!!

rebecca

Postby rebecca » Sun Feb 28, 637982 2:47 am

Kristi,

I was wondering if you could tell me your bp med history with this pregnancy. Drs are still trying to figure our right dosage and meds for me and we're at the beginning stages. I'm interested in what worked and didn't work for you.

thanks!

kristi78

Postby kristi78 » Sat Feb 27, 637982 4:08 pm

That's good to hear.. My OB is trying to tell me the same. He said it just hurts a little in the beginning. I am so tired to needles I guess that is one thing I haven't experienced yet so might as well.. [:p]

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sat Feb 27, 637982 3:50 pm

Hey, Kristi! Welcome from me, too! I wanted to comment that *if* you decide to have an amnio - when the time comes - it's not as bad as one would think...I've had two. Keep an eye on yourself!

kristi78

Postby kristi78 » Sat Feb 27, 637982 12:55 pm

Thank you for such a nice reply. I just got back from the doctor and I made it home without the hospital today! YAY
My bp was really good which shocked the nurse that meds are really helping however he is still quite concerned with a few things. i am still seeing white flashes and swelling etc. He told me he wanted to deliver at 36 weeks. So that is my goal! [:)]

Have a great day!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”