How can I convince my peri to do this?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
taras mom

Re : How can I convince my peri to do this?

Postby taras mom » Thu May 06, 637982 8:36 pm

After PE and HELLP, with your bp going up, you might not have to convince him at all!

nora

Postby nora » Tue Apr 27, 637982 4:41 am

Hi ladies

Yes I am seing an OB as well but my OB does not do ultrasounds. They do all the things I do at home like BP check, weight, protein check and now blood sugar check. I check all these at home. My peri on the other hand does ultrasounds (I hope ) at every visit.

Thanks

emersons mom

Postby emersons mom » Tue Apr 27, 637982 2:50 am

wow I too am suprised that you are not being seen more often....my gd alone made my peri demand to see me every 2 weeks........and from about week 24 on it was every week and then 2=3 times a week from 26 weeks on.....since i had the beginnings of pih and pitting edema with super high bp at 26 weeks.....no proteinurea until week 30

ladybug76135

Postby ladybug76135 » Mon Apr 26, 637982 11:30 pm

From 12 weeks - 28 weeks I saw either my docs every 4 weeks; however, we alternated between my regular OB and my peri so I ended up seeing a doc every two weeks. After 28 weeks, I saw them both every other week (so I had an appt weekly alternating between the two).

Do you see a regular OB? could you alternate?

bluehairedmary

Postby bluehairedmary » Mon Apr 26, 637982 6:13 pm

Are you also seeing a regular OB or just the peri? If it's just the peri, I am surprised s/he would not want to see you more often. I think every 2 weeks would be better, with the option of coming in quickly for a check, like Caryn mentioned. Good luck1

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sat Apr 24, 637982 9:45 pm

Nora, I know one of our Experts will let you come in unscheduled just for a quick check in the office for reassurance, because it's hard to tell the difference between intuition going off because of PE and intuition going off because of history even when everything's fine.

I'm glad they want you to call with more than trace. Do you have a bp number at which you should call, too?

zoel

Postby zoel » Thu Apr 15, 637982 1:55 am

HI Nora

Sorry your bp is creeping up - fingers crossed you are able to get it controlled quickly.

I would just sit down with your peri and tell him exactly what you want and go from there. My ob and medial dr understood very quickly after meeting me that I was going to be a paranoid pregnant lady, but like you I had pe and hellp so they understood why I was like this.

Take care, and remember its your body, your baby and your health and if something doesn't seem right say so.

love Zoe

nora

Postby nora » Wed Apr 14, 637982 4:45 pm

Thanks Rebecca, yes I am monitoring my BP and also checking my urine with sticks at home. What I want more is ultrasounds and 24 hour urine tests. My peri said if you see more than trace call him.

rebecca

Postby rebecca » Wed Apr 14, 637982 11:30 am

Just tell him straight out that you would feel more comfortable seeing him at least every other week. Frankly, I'm surprised that you are not being put on that schedule. At a minimum, the reassurance that you get from the visit will do you good and they should understand that. I have had to push my peri to do more 24-hour urines and more visits and they have always obliged, even though they think they are unnecessary. The other thing you should do is home self monitoring. Make sure you have a good blood pressure monitor and take you bp twice a day and record it (my peri always likes to keep my logs in my chart); also get some protein dip sticks. That way if something turns really quickly, you're more likely to catch it.

nora

How can I convince my peri to do this?

Postby nora » Wed Apr 14, 637982 11:22 am

Hi ladies

I'm sure you all understand how paranoid and scared I am after going throug pe and Hellp and having to deliver at 26 weeks. I am now 22 weeks pregnant and my BP is going up. This is exactly when things started to go wrong with my previous pregnancy. I now see my peri once every four weeks. My concern is that thing can and do change from week to week. I am planning on asking my peri to start seing my once a week or every two weeks. I don't know how he will respond but I need a way to convince him. I am taking my charts from my previous pregnancy that showed how fast everything has changed within a week. I also have gestational diabetes. Is there anything else I can say to him to agree on seing my more often without sounding too paranoid.

Thanks ladies

Return to “Ask the Experienced”